Interesting Jesus cults

by Christ Alone 205 Replies latest jw friends

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Larsinger and his posts got me to thinking about others that believe/believed that they are/were Jesus. I started looking up a ton of info and stumbled across some pretty interesting cults.

I just wanted to create a thread to talk about or post videos, links, or articles about modern day cults that you have found interesting. The better you know cults, the easier it is to avoid them, I suppose. Here's two that I've found VERY interesting. The first is a Russian man who wrote "The Last Testament", a sort of sequal to the NT which instructs people on such things as choosing a correct detergent for washing clothes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Cv5hZfOmk

Here is one that I've been talking about on some other threads. This guy was a Jehovah's Witness elder, who now believes that he is Jesus and his wife is Mary Magdalene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ML2Oa4Oigvo

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Around 5:25 of the second video, they comment on Miller being a former JW elder.

• tec
    tec

I know about the bottom guy. I didn't know he used to be jw though.

The thing about people who claim to be Christ again in the flesh... is that it does discount that Christ is alive, in spirit, here and now. When He returns, all those who belong to Him will be caught up and changed so as to be like HIM... not the other way around.

As well, of course, are the verses that state not to listen to anyone claiming to be the Christ...

So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it.

For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many.

Peace,

tammy

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Rick Ross is featured in the documentary about AJ Miller posted above. Rick is a great resource on cults and has done quite a bit of work with deprogramming JWs. Here's a wealth of material that he has put together.

http://www.rickross.com/groups/witness.html

• still thinking
    still thinking

My partners parents belonged to a small cult in Australia started by some ex JW's. They didn't have a name...just a sort of commune. It really messed with the kids lives. Even now it has divided the family.

For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many...tec

Those verses are interesting tec....mainly because if Jesus actually came...everyone would have to deny him...since Satan apparently can change himself into the angel of light and decieve many too.

What is a SURE sign that Jesus has come and NOT an imposter?

When He returns, all those who belong to Him will be caught up and changed so as to be like HIM... not the other way around...tec

And what EXACTLY does that mean?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Rapture = caught up, as in a forceful way

Changed = corruptible bodies put on the incorruptible

• tec
    tec

Well, Still.. HE knows who belongs to Him. He gathers them. (two men will be in a field, one will be taken; another left)

In any case, it seems to me that there will not be any mistaking Him when He comes. Every knee will bow. Just that some who thought they knew Him or belonged to Him, were not known BY Him - because of what they did here and now.

That those who belong to him will be changed... as Paul spoke of it. Put off this flesh (the corruptable), and put on that 'flesh'... the incorruptable. The 'white robe'. To be 'like the angels' as Christ also stated. Not limited to this world (the physical), but able to enter the spiritual; the kingdom.

Peace to you,

tammy

• tec
    tec

CA beat me to it ;)

• still thinking
    still thinking

Yeah, my ex cult...always looking for a new cult relatives...believe in their version of the rapture.

That those who belong to him will be changed... as Paul spoke of it. Put off this flesh (the corruptable), and put on that 'flesh'... the incorruptable. The 'white robe'. To be 'like the angels' as Christ also stated. Not limited to this world (the physical), but able to enter the spiritual; the kingdom.

What does that mean? Everyone will be angels in Heaven? or like angels on earth? And what of the thousand year reign? And what about those ruling as kings? Will you be ruling as a king tec? If so, who will you be ruling over?

Everyone seems to have their own take on what it all means. Pretty much like everything else in the bible.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Rapture = caught up, as in a forceful way

Changed = corruptible bodies put on the incorruptible

Please explain...as to what this means?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit