Interesting Jesus cults

by Christ Alone 205 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

(two men will be in a field, one will be taken; another left)

What will happen to those that are left?

Where will they be taken to?

If there is one thing most christian cults THRIVE on it is THIS stuff.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Read Revelation to see what Christianity teaches about it. Not sure where the THRIVING on this stuff comes from.

Also, this is off topic as we were talking about modern day cults with men that believe they are Jesus.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Back on topic, 20:55 of the second video shows that Miller did not reject all of his WT teachings. See if you can catch it...Listen to what "Cornelius" says...

• still thinking
    still thinking

Whatever...so you don't want to give me YOUR take on it?

Iv'e heard a few different explanations and 'Christianity' is as broad as it is wide ...Will you be ruling as a king too christ alone? If so, who will you be ruling over?

Which version of 'Christianity' would you like me to accept as the 'truth' about what Revelation means?

This is VERY much on topic...many CULTS home in on the rapture and want to rule as kings with Jesus and be special annointed people.

In fact, even if they don't think they are Jesus, many cults claim special 'contact' with Jesus and share messages and understandings from him.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Which version

of 'Christianity' would you like me to accept as the 'truth' about what Revelation means?

It doesn't matter to me. There are many different views of Revelation. Some that view much of Revelation as being historical in nature, in that it's speaking of Rome when it mentions Babylon. This is called the Preterist view. Personally I think there is more reason to agree with a Pre-Millenialist view. But all agree that the end of Revelation is still future, and deals with people after their time to accept Jesus as Christ has past.

This is VERY much on topic...many CULTS home in on the rapture and want to rule as kings with Jesus and be special annointed people.

No, cults follow after a human leader. Christians don't - or at least shouldn't. If you want to call us a cult, that's fine. It's a cult lead by someone you don't believe in anyway that told us to love each other. Pretty dangerous.

• tec
    tec

Well, Still... we'll know then EXACTLY what that means. For now, we can only see a part. As for who is doing what... that is for Christ to state. As well, ruling does not mean dominating and lording oneself over others; as many apply such things.

They won't be taken anywhere. They are left.

Going to move on as CA has asked to keep this thread on topic. If you want to discuss elsewhere, I can do that.

Peace,

tammy

• still thinking
    still thinking

They won't be taken anywhere. They are left...tec

Left to do what?

Is that some sort of punishment? Will life go on as usual? Being 'left' doesn't seem so bad.

No, cults follow after a human leader. Christians don't - or at least shouldn't. If you want to call us a cult, that's fine

I didn't call you a cult. unless you are saying that what I posted here applies to YOU. I asked you to explain your understanding of what those scriptures mean and how they apply to you personally.

The cult my partners family got involved with were heavily into this.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Which version

of 'Christianity' would you like me to accept as the 'truth' about what Revelation means?

It doesn't matter to me. There are many different views of Revelation. Some that view much of Revelation as being historical in nature, in that it's speaking of Rome when it mentions Babylon. This is called the Preterist view. Personally I think there is more reason to agree with a Pre-Millenialist view. But all agree that the end of Revelation is still future, and deals with people after their time to accept Jesus as Christ has past.

I see. So first you give me a blanket statement to read Revelation and see what 'Christianity' teaches. Then you tell me it doesn't matter which version of christianity or which view. And then go on to say 'you think' there is more reason to agree with a Pre-Millenialist view.

And the only thing I can really get out of revelation that is for sure is that it is in the future.

Well, that is pretty vague, and didn't answer anything at all. But thanks anyway.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Read Revelation to see what Christianity teaches about it.

Revelation's highly metaphorical language makes it extremely open to interpretation. Many people have read it using different approaches and coming to different conclusions.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Thats what I am talking about botch...but some people think they KNOW and try to teach others what they 'believe' it means. Or claim to have special insight into what it all means.

Thats when cults start to rear their ugly heads...Claiming to have a special knowledge about what is written in the bible.

I can understand those who call themselves Christian trying to nut it out and make sense out of it all. I get that people want to do that.

But the line is stepped over once someone claims to KNOW. Or claims to get information directly from Christ or God. Thats when alarm bells should start ringing IMO.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit