JW tour bus crashes in Florida, with fatalities-

by moshe 87 Replies latest social current

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Local (Miami) news update:

A local news radio station here in Miami stated that as the investigation continues, the driver of the bus had a clean driving record and the bus company has had some safety infractions but are considered minor and not unusual in the industry.

OK, back to your local programming.

Rub a Dub

• james_woods
    james_woods

They do start to look like a legitimate bus tour service who just had a very bad accident.

We are all here probably upset because at heart we care more about the JWs than the JWs care about us.

Very sad.

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Thank you Simon.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Thanks James and Steve.

Honestly, I respect your opinion but just don't see it the same way. Perhaps you caught up after Simon removed those posts?

Steve I will make sure to post specific comments in the future if desired. If you felt none of the posts were out of line.....then thats on you my friend. Once again, I figure maybe you just didn't see them. As far as the assumption that I am looking for uniformity of belief somehow.....I am not sure how you were able to type that with a straight face my man.

I realize this forum is 1/2 trying to accomplish something, and 1/2 support/therapy. No worries. Both are needed. I for one am more interested in the end that many people here wish to achieve by any level of participation. To make people think.

Just trying to get my feet wet around here guys. I know tha tthe large rpurpose of the site is beyond any one thread. Just want to make sure it isn't sabotaged is all.

Peace out.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

It is always sad when someone loses their life. It doesn't matter what religion they are. This whole thing is just an accident, plain and simple. Someone lost a person they cared about..

I also understand where the other comments are coming from. A JW sister recently told a story of a " landmark " convention that she was at. Well, a good friend of hers was baptized at the convention! Sadly her cousin decided to miss the convention and go swimming with friends. They drowned. This Sister, the wife of the WT conductor said that the cousin would not have drowned if they had gone to the convention!

So comments like that piss people off because JW's think that they have magical protection! When you have been burnt by the org and hear a story like this your mind says " AHA!! Take that!! ". Really we need to be better than that. It is not always easy. If we just remember that these poor people were " people " then we can have some empathy.

• james_woods
    james_woods

For the record, I did say that a very few of the posts were out of line.

Simon only deleted a very few, leaving about 70 posts and 4 pages. I think only a handful had to be deleted.

Most of the posts on this thread were that of reasonable, ordinary, people trying to make sense of this tragedy.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Seeing those photos...

Good grief. I'm amazed that the driver survived - it looks like he was in the most vulnerable spot.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Also, the news report mentioning lawsuits....

It will be the bus service that will be sued, not the Watchtower corporation; you can bet your bottom dollar on that.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Anyone else know Miami? How the hell is it even possible to wind up INSIDE MIA when you are going to WPB? This is a screw up of epic proportions.

• steve2
    steve2

Appreciate your response problemaddict. Yes, I may have missed reading the offensive posts you commented on.

You have drawn attention to an important matter - how easily it can be for some people - at least some of the time - to express their personal views in socially unacceptable and heartless ways.

Simon has heard you, checked out the thread and removed the offending posts - which I did not see. Cheers, steve.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit