JW tour bus crashes in Florida, with fatalities-

by moshe 87 Replies latest social current

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

That is really sad. My thoughts are with those who died and were injured.

• clarity
    clarity

We all know how the jw mind works ... blind trust,

nothing bad will happen, hey.. we're going to the 'assembly'

aren't we?

>

In all my years in, so many dumb things happened because of this

naive thinking.

>

A tragedy has happened of course, sorrow yes! ... But seems to me, Tims words

are words of reality ... words to wake-up those poor gullible jw

people!

...my 2 cents

clarity

• elderelite
    elderelite

I agree 100% that their deaths shouldnt be celebrated or mocked, however the first comments by malsonella are a acurate with regard to the view that the families need "spritual food" in their grief etc etc... Thats typical dubbie speak at its finest and while i dont like mocking the tradgedy its important to note that the famlies are unlikely to recieve much sympathy or support. The family and friends of the deceased will be expected to be at the convention taking notes and clapping when qued. The dead will have funeral services at the hall that are nothing more than advertising for the organization since it is specifically forbidden to eulogize the dead. His remarks, while hard and unfeeling, are completly accurate.

I would also add this is not an "anti JW" site. Its simply a place where dubbies are free to ask questions :)

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I agree with Elderelite...and want to remind all that often the WT brags on how many escaped calamity because they obeyed God and were protected at the Kingdom Hall and that some who missed the meeting died! Several years ago a close friend died in a fire that was deliberately set by three customers who had been kicked out from the Country and Western bar he was visiting for the first time...he had just reached the drinking age a few days before and an older friend wanted to buy him his first drink. Some loving JWs said that he would still be alive today if he had listened to what the WT says about going to bars or clubs...Malsonella does not hold exclusivity on lack of empathy...he or she is simply showing the same brand of empathy taught by the WT.

• puffthedragon
    puffthedragon

Thats typical dubbie speak at its finest and while i dont like mocking the tradgedy its important to note that the famlies are unlikely to recieve much sympathy or support.

Sorry EE, I always respect your opinions, but thats not even close to true. I personally know people directly affected by this tragedy and what you are saying is not true. I have spoken with them since this incident and you are just wrong this time.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Are the familes going to receive financial support from Watchtower headquarters, instead of collections taken up by fellow JWs?

Are they exempted from attending the rest of the assembly?

Just wondering...

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

Over the last few months, when I see news of JW tragedies I find the original webpages and send them to my JW friends suggesting we ALL say some prayers for the victim's families and congregations. I e-mailed this tragedy. A few minutes later, this was the response I got:

"Do you happen to have anything encouraging to share? That would be good also."

I'm baffled. A couple of weeks ago I got "we mainly provide charity only to those within the organization and the Bible says this is okay" speech, but now I'm getting a "don't tell me anything unencouraging about JWs" blast.... HUH?

Is it not appropriate to pray for the families? Could someone help me understand the thought process/mindset of this?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Do you happen to have anything encouraging to share? That would be good also."

Your lucky you were`nt in the Bus..

................................  mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• ziddina
    ziddina

"Praying" for the families - if not in an officially-sanctioned setting - would be considered "running ahead" at the very least.

They would probably also be afraid that you'd be praying to the "wrong" god - a "pagan" god of "Christendom" - or if you've 'faded' or have been disfellowshipped or disassociated, whatever "satanic" version that "apostates" pray to...

• Pterist
    Pterist

Prayers and empathy to all the suffering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit