Looking After Widows and Orphans... and Spending One's "Riches"

by AGuest 136 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

To step out there and comment as the wannabe NC you are and hoping nobody else notices.

• still thinking
    still thinking

NC....I want to be like you....day and night....I dream of it....can I have your autograph...

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

BOTR: How did we not see this duplicity while drunk with the Grape Flavorade? I was told how Bethel was "the happiest place on Earth" and from stories of former Bethelites I know this was a farce. Reading Franz's book tells me the men are so evil, Ray Franz has no vitriol (had no vitriol) or at least his writings don't read as angry as the "Wash-Towel" and "Akward".

Longhairedgirl: People would ask us in "Field Circus", "how does the Jehovah Witness Religion benefit the community as a whole".

Classic responses were:

1. The members converted are not going to steal, cheat, rob, rape or covet their neighbors goods, that's a great "Community Service, would you not agree?" JWs pull people from the fringes of Society, helping the poor sign up for "Welfare" (I never did that). We supposely helped the mentally ill sign up for "Social Security Disability" ( I am guilty of helping non-JWs sign up for this program, they were hearing voices, seeing things that were not there!).

I know JWs who head to the Food Bank, get Food Stamps (members who worked under-the-table their whole life, had no problems stealing from Ceasar), Social Security Disability while they "Regular Pioneer" which is illegal according to the "litmus test". If somebody is so screwed up they can't sit at a desk or stand up too long, how can they "Regular Pioneer" in good conscience?

Resthomes, there are churches that allow "Youth Groups" to visit Resthomes just to talk without the pressure to "CONVERT OR I WILL LEAVE!", some Christians bring cats, dogs and parrots for the elderly to touch or smile at! That's a area JWs are grossly lacking in, they talk about helping the elderly but Resthomes scare the Hell out of the "Shiney Happy Imposters!"

JWs can produce positive benefits for a community at large only if they disobey the self-appointed "Faithful Slave" who is telling members "not to waste too much time with "time burners" while talking out their other mouth saying "be lke Job's comforters, help widows and orphans, be there for the elderly friends and don't have "class distinctions" while the Faithful Slave (a class distinction) and it's members say they are better than the "rank and file" (non elders).

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

ARBOLES:

I still maintain that they don't really benefit the community. If anything, they take from it as you have noticed (JWs are over-represented in getting benefits). I noticed this as well and I questioned to myself that something was not right. Too many JWs are just better-dressed welchers spouting the bible.

Years ago, I had a short stint doing street work and I had no tolerance for derelicts and crazies coming up to me and talking in my face. I actually took to wearing large clear glasses to protect my eyes against their diseased spittle. There is no freakin' way that I would ever want that kind of contact with the public again! As for anybody (whether a JW or some other group) who wants to "pull people from the fringes of society", well they can have it.

I wasn't doing this and I resisted all attempts by idiots in the religion to turn me into some kind of Florence Nightingale.

At this point in my life, I want to be around a better class of people and I am glad I no longer associate with the JWs. There would be too many people there I would run from.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Oh, wait... it's you: whizzed right by your empty little head, did it? Might wanna duck next time...

This is the second time in three days I have seen a believer use personal insults against someone. Will any believers call it out?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    it's tiresome having posts picked apart...

Stop posting posts that can be picked apart...

I don't know how you do this all the time.....

Of course you don't. Your inability to focus and comprehend what's being posted most probably accounts for that. Along with the fact that you wouldn't get it anyway, not with your current mind... and heart...

A slave of Christ,

SA

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Your inability to focus and comprehend what's being posted most probably accounts for that. Along with the fact that you wouldn't get it anyway, not with your current mind... and heart...

OK, third insult in three days.

• Angharad
    Angharad

This is getting tiring - personal insults need to stop - end of story.

Just because someone disagrees doesn't mean they have an empty head or small mind. If you are going to bring your beliefs to a DISCUSSION forum you have to expect people will disagree.

On the other hand if you do disagree and want to discuss it should be done respectfully

There needs to be respect on both sides and this constant tag teaming of insults from both sides is getting very boring.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

There needs to be respect on both sides and this constant tag teaming from either side is getting very boring.

Bingo.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    There needs to be respect on both sides

There does, dear Angharad (peace to you!)... and I have tried. For years. I don't go to these folks threads, follow them around, hurling insults, taking issue with THEIR sanity, mental conditions, etc. I posted three threads, recently, directed to a specific audience with very specific information. If you take a look, you will see these very same folks, the usual suspects, on each one of them... hurling insults. I did not cry foul, did not ask for moderator intervention, did not PM my "friends" to come and see what it was all about... or PM them to tell them what it was all about OR to talk about anyone or denigrate them personally offboard. I never have, never do... and never will. I've taken it, took it, and will continue to take it... like a "man."

I am one person. They are... how many? And yet, I don't run from them - I stand my ground. Now, if they feel it's entirely okay for THEM to dish out insults, then it should be okay for others to hand them right back. That another professes to be a christian is an excuse THEY wish to use, not me - I am just as human, imperfect, and subject to slap back someone whose slapped me as the next person. My christianity won't stop that.

Which is why I need the Christ: because I WILL fall short... and often. I make NO excuses for myself. I am not sure the same can be said of these others. Apparently, I am their excuse - apparently, they can't control themselves... "because" of me.

Yet, they say I have no power. Seems I do... and over them.

I will try, though, dear one... to continue to respect you and this forum (which I HIGHLY do).

Let's see how long, though, before they start their malarky. Even THEY can't agree to give it a rest, so I give it less than 3 posts/2 new threads.

Thankfully, SO many others see what's occurring, too. Sadly, some are leaving your dear board as a result... and you dear folks are aware of this. I hope you can turn that around because neither you, the board, or those who post here who WANT to have more than one option (atheism) deserve that.

Again, peace to you!

YOUR servant (truly) and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit