Looking After Widows and Orphans... and Spending One's "Riches"

by AGuest 136 Replies latest jw friends

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Not only do they not benefit others as fellow humans but they do not benefit themselves. My father served at Bethel and their lack of care towards other JWs, compared to other religions, voluntary associations, and other groups was his main criticism. Elaine Pagels wrote in one of her books concerning the development of Christianity that worldly sources viewed Christians as committing crimes against humanity. Outsiders believed incest and cannibalism occurred during Christian services. This attitude changed dramatically when Christians voluntarily stayed to take care of worldly plague victims when all others fled.

I think Jesus' direction to love one another is the litmus test for Christians.

Their lack of care for their own supports the notion that they are a cult. Everything is sacrificed for some remote authority. Normal human compassion does not exist.

Someday I am going to write an essay on how they reject human civilization and government yet they certainl claims its benefits.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Welcome to the DISCUSSION, Band. I see you managed to recover after a somewhat rocky start. No worries - no one will hold it against you. You are MORE than welcome to contribute, but you must be ablet to handle it if/when someone disagrees. I realize that being an attorney (which takes a special "breed" to begin with) might make that difficult (given the training on how to participate in an "adversarial" environment), but I think that if you ALLOW your dear self you might not only learn some things you weren't told/taught before... but perhaps even contribute. It's up to you. But I do thank you for (temporarily?) postponing your campaign to ignore/refrain from posting on my threads. These things ARE intriguing, I agree. But please... please... don't think they are mine - they are not. They are only what I've been given from One who does know (I surely do not).

To everyone else... thank you for your kind comments (and peace to you!). As you might know, I only shared what I received. It is not upon me to tell anyone what to do. Each one must choose for himself/herself... and I truly THANK you for seeing that that is included in what I share. Perhaps a "talent" well spent.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I want a public comment as to whether AGuest is a moderator now. Is she able to ban me from her threads? I thought a thread was an invitation to discuss. It is news to me that the op gives grades and can dictate what is posted.

Yawn.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Oh, girl, don't go getting yer chonies all in a bunch. I ain't no moderator nor would I ever want to be one, especially not with some of what goes on on this forum. You went on a tirade posting that I'm a looney, however, tellin' folks that my threads were really beneath you and them, that I'm an attention whore, that you felt degraded even being a part of them, and that you all should choose a date and just stop reading/posting to them. Hey, I was feelin' you... 'cause I was getting a bit tired of you all. You were all in a bit of a tizzy and posting just to be posting. So I was kind of hoping you were serious and would perhaps "lead" some folks yourself. Now, I'm just letting you know that I'm glad you [seemed to have] got[ten] over yourself, is all.

Carry on... and quit botherin' the moderators. They surely have lives outside this board... and even more sure, much better things to do than babysit us all the time.

A slave of Christ,

SA, hopin' that was "publik" enuff for ya...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

No, you claimed to be a moderator. You claim many things. This is not your private playpen.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I ain't no moderator nor would I ever want to be one, especially not with some of what goes on on this forum. You went on a tirade posting that I'm a looney, however, tellin' folks that my threads were really beneath you and them, that I'm an attention whore, that you felt degraded even being a part of them, and that you all should choose a date and just stop reading/posting to them.

The manufactured outrage is really quite amusing from some one that says god whispered to them that I was an alcoholic and unless I changed my ways I was gonna die.

Yawn.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I have only just started reading this thread....but are you talking to yourself here Aguest? And did you answer yourself? If who will permit you? And did they permit it before you continued? Or was this just some weird self supporting question? Who are you thanking?

Anyway, going back to read some more.

This was recently asked by a dear one and the following is what I was given to share on the matter, if you will permit me - thank you!..Aguest

Oh...and who gave it to you to share? And how did they give it to you? Are you dictating the message? Is it spiritual writing? Was it a vision?

Just want to clarify, thank you...

• still thinking
    still thinking

Oh again....if I may. Can you please clarify...is the whole message after that comment 'given to you' word for word? Or is it your interpretation of the message? Thank you...

• still thinking
    still thinking

Well...finshed wading my way through what just seemed like a mixture of recognisable bible verses/ideas. And common sense. With some 'spiritiual' stuff thrown in. But nothing that you wouldn't hear at any evangelical church.

Thanks for the lecture ..guess god didn't have anything new to share.

• AGuest
    AGuest

And... it starts. Okay, let's do this:

No, you claimed to be a moderator. You claim many things. This is not your private playpen

I made no such claim... I do, as do you... and you're correct, it's not. Nor it is your private "I'm Gonna Shut AGuest Down All By My Lonesome" pen, either. Folks like you have come... and gone.

The manufactured outrage is really quite amusing

No outrage, EP, manufactured or otherwise. That (outrage... manufactured or otherwise)... is ya'll's "thang." More like amusement on my part. You all are so silly sometimes, one can't help but laugh. Guffaw, even.

from some one that says god whispered to them that I was an alcoholic and unless I changed my ways I was gonna die.

Get yer faks strate, cowboy: God whispered no such thing, nor did I ever make such a claim. Now my Lord, yes, did say that you're an... mmmmm... that you're "distilled spirit challenged" (I mean, cause I gotta keep it all PC an' all, you know, for the usual suspects)... which you've never denied (come to think of it... 'cause I don't usually, unless/until you bring it up, that is, which is, what, every other post... you've actually lent quite a bit of corroboration to it. Way more than I ever have... ever could. Indeed, the only thing you've actually ever made an issue of is as to WHO revealed it to ME... HOW I know. But never as to whether it's untrue. Curious, that).

Oh, and kudos for TRYING to change your ways. There's still time, so... keep up the good work!

I have only just started reading this thread....

Oh, stop it - it you had just started reading you wouldn't have need to point it out. You started reading some time ago but was too chikken to comment until you saw some of your cronies do so first. So, now that you've worked up a little courage, you want us to think, "Oh, ooh, I JUST popped in!" Cheah... right. And the dishonesty starts...

but are you talking to yourself here Aguest?

Perhaps. Though the many comments seem to indicate not. Even so, what's it to you if I am?

And did you answer yourself?

I dunno - did I?

If who will permit you?

Whomever I directed the comment to. Oh, dang! I forgot! It's YOU. You wouldn't get who that was if they... nevermind. You wouldn't get it even then...

And did they permit it before you continued?

Well, they didn't stop me, so...

Or was this just some weird self supporting question?

Again: what... is... it... to... YOU... if... it... was...?

Who are you thanking?

Regardless, you should exclude yourself from whomever it was...

Anyway, going back to read some more.

Actually, although it's obvious you've read already I think you're going back and re-reading is a great idea. Actually, YOU might need to do it, say, 10... 20... more times, though. You know, 'cause it's gonna take at LEAST that... before YOU get it.

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit