Jehovah's Witnesses dismayed by new magazine format from Watchtower Society.

by Balaamsass 97 Replies latest jw friends

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Finkel, there is a very uncomfortable feeling going on even among the elders, I had discussions with brothers who could not stomach the 'generation" or "blood fraction" "new light!".

I am watching a fifth generation go the way of "obey the leaders while losing his individual identity, he disobeyed the Org by doing many things not allowed, and now he is the "new generation" of future elders. What is the Organization going to be like once he hit's forty of fifty years old? This Ponzi Scheme is going to last another twenty years, people like to be different for religious beliefs as long as they are plausible. What is the Watchtower's goal beside's staying afloat another two or three decades? The goofey doctrines of Russell's crazy book of 1917-1919 aided by Rutherford is gross pulp-fiction, yet people read that trash like it's the Bible!

People are treated like "dung" in this "class distinction", maybe not all of them. I do not know how many Halls are following the Shepherding Calls, this program is the biggest lie the Watchtower Society has ever preached from the magazines and platform. If we created a honest statistical model, my guess it twenty percent of Kingdom Hall provide any type of concern to "weak", "inactive", "depressed", "elderly", because they consider these members "cost prohibited"! Wasting funds on "underperforming or nonperforming assets" is bad for business, send the elders to the pioneers, ministerial servants, and elders for "Calls".

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I was 'in' during the 1960's - 70s - you know, the big run-up [or should that be, 'run ahead' ??] for 1975 - when the Watchtower did "not" claim that "Armageddon" was coming...

Hey, Ziddina, I was there when they DID NOT claim it was coming in 1975! (But you would NOT get old in this system!)

Doc

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

"Steve 2" and "Arbolesde Arabia"

Frankly I am puzzled.....Why on earth would I be specific about WHO I speak with...why would you care? I KNOW at least 3 Bethelites troll this site for WTBTS. Obviously we are all using fake names, many use fake locations. I used a temp email/ID and ISP for this account. I spoke with more than a few ACTIVE JWS on the phone and in person during the last week in person, at work, and on the phone. The subject came up with less than twelve..more than 2 who told me of comments made by others at different halls.

Arboles your first post a very short time ago, you said JWs were taken back by your appearance at a coffee shop, and you are inactive with rumors abounding about you.. Steve2 your intro says you left JWs in 1982 -30 years ago...and are a shrink in New Zealand.....yet you are both adament that LAST WEEK current JWs don't care. How could you be so certain about prevailing JW attitudes in congregations were magazines became available just about a week ago.

I will be happy to share specifics (but never about others) if you want to pm me with your full name, and address, we can meet for coffee sometime. If you have attended an apostafest let me know.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

H'mmm, less time wasted reading Cr_p = more time JWs have to think.

JWs do not read this crap nearly as much as EX-JWs do.

Doc

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Balaam, read my post again slower. I thought your's was in good fun with no ill will.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Balaam, read my post again slower.

• steve2
    steve2

Balaam thanks for your response. You could also read my post a bit slower and more carefully too. I'd appreciate that please.

I never demanded to know names; I simply wanted you to flesh out your assertion that a trend of dissatisfaction among the JWs was developing - at a greater level than has been well observed over many, many years. I did not question that some JWs were dissatisfied but more your apparent claim that something was developing inside the organiation akin to significant and new levels of dissatisfaction with the Watchtower.

True I left 30 years ago so I was cautious about my impressions about what I have heard from JW relatives about the new changes etc. I was not adamant about this either. Like many posters on this thread I have seen or heard no evidence that anything more than we usually see is afoot among the rank and file. In an earlier post on this topical thread, I even acknowledged that there are JWs and then there are JWs - meaning the calibre of JWs differs even within congregations and specified the well observed phenomenom of JWs who - in private - complain about aspects of what is going on inside the organization but who - in public - remain quiet. That is nothing new. My own old local congregation had more than its fair share of in-private complainers who would not dare verbalize publically their secret misgivings. Nothing new about this phenomenon at all.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Can you imagine offering those mags at the door and trying to get a donation?

I can remember feeling irritated when the Society started putting everything on audio cassette and I had to go out and buy a cassette player. At least I could get one of those pretty cheaply. Imagine being an impoverished pioneer and feeling pressured to buy an iPad.

• worf
    worf

To: wha happened?

Thanks. Good seeing you again as well.

Worf

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Along with the reduced size and missing forward I got a hoot out of the photos. WOW I would be so embarrassed to share these at the door!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit