Jehovah's Witnesses dismayed by new magazine format from Watchtower Society.

by Balaamsass 97 Replies latest jw friends

• DNCall
    DNCall

Such bad food . . . and such small portions.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I printed one out. It does have big margins. I agree on the toy comment. It just looks like something printed up in high school. And this is the big sell at the door. Yikes

• life is to short
    life is to short

My husband went out in service on Saturday and he brought home the new Jan WT and Awake. I asked what the service group thought of them and my husband said the of those that were out in service they were very excited saying that the slave had given them more room with the wider margins to take notes and that is so loving of the faith ful slave to give them so much room. Also that the reason they had to go to 16 pages was because of all the increases of new ones coming in the poor country's and somehow the US is helping speed up the work by cutting back on the size of the magazines.

All in all my husband said everyone in his hall was very happy about it though hardly anyone was out this past Saturday and who knows what they are thinking behind closed doors.

LITS

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

My area reactions:

"wow very nice"

"to the point, no unnecessary articles"

"these will be easier to place"

"the work is winding down, I can tell"

Sorry to disappoint but nothing negative. Proving my feeling that most (70-80%) of JWs will not bat an eyelash at this. There will always be dissenters but it takes an open mind to start doubting the F&DS and a JW mind is like a macadamia nut.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

When I was ‘in it’ we had real meat to get our teeth into like The Babylon the Great has Fallen book. Ok it was chewy but if filled me up. And what about those Watchtower volumes that we could feast on for a whole bank holiday weekend?

The new literature will lead to spiritual starvation among the sheep. I would need a whole pile of them to satisfy my desire.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

JW says: 'Wow! Jehovah(TM) is REALLY speeding it up. Less pages, as if we needed proof. Double-plus-good. How happifying!'

JW secretly thinks: 'Feck me. What's going on? How stingy is the WBT$ becoming?'

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

"to the point, no unnecessary articles" (...) Sorry to disappoint but nothing negative.

The public mags prior to 2013 then must have contained "unnecessary articles". How unthankful of them for all that excess spiritual food from Jehovah's table.

It just goes to show you what JWs really think about how redundant the mags were.

In reality the JWs considered it to be 50% fluff.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    We always loved to see the improvements in the magazines...what a hype when they went full color!

To be honest, I thought the full color magazines were a distinct step down in quality from the old traditional letterpress Watchtowers.

They were, after all, not exactly the National Geographic!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Evidently, the spirit has nothing more to tell them.

Good. Because it was always wrong anyway!

Doc

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No "unnecessary" articles. That means no backup articles in case someone is uncomfortable with a particular article. Plus, you are stuck with a bad article for the whole month, not just 2 weeks. It also knocks down that "University of Asleep!" education.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit