Jehovah's Witnesses dismayed by new magazine format from Watchtower Society.

by Balaamsass 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Ahh.....I remember Dodger stadium (L.A.) as a kid. Sunburns...endless days and nights of YADA YADA YADA....mom..... when can I see Disneyland????

And the endless cocktail parties at the motels (I didn't know the Old Brothers could be so funny when drunk) and sisters around the pool in the "new bikinis"..made an impression on me as a kid ...some of those sisters looked better in bikinis than meeting clothes....

All these years later..I can only remember the Matterhorn ride at Disneyland, sisters passing out in the heat, snow cones, a particular sister in a bikini (who is 65+ now-and would certainly smile if she knew the impression she made on a kid), and a few drunk JWs who have since passed. So much for kids learning a lot from conventions.....lol!

Back to mags: The other thing JWs were bothered by...No forward...or "mission statement". Like .."What..we have no stated purpose"?

I have yet to get my hands on an actual one (my collectors edition). My LOCAL contacts missed the meetings last week and haven't got their mags.

Can someone scan and post the inside cover of the new one?

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

I got mine from the wife (in Polish) but at least in Polish, the entire 'Purpose' statement is gone! I thought they were just going to remove the part about 'soon' as opposed to pre-1995 version that referenced 1914. So, I guess there is no 'Purpose' in having the Awake. For sure it could easily be merged with public edition of WT.

• cedars
    cedars

Copies of the January 2013 Awake! and Watchtower finally found their way onto my desk today. I must say they are remarkably thin, like leaflets with pages. I can understand why Witnesses would be shocked, and embarrassed to offer them.

Cedars

• FadeToBlack
    FadeToBlack

Advertise, Advertise, Advertise jw.org...

• jgnat
    jgnat

Aah, it is no longer on the JW org site, but the study edition a few months back (about the same time the deaf video broke), showed brothers sharing with a deaf man using an i-pad. They were sharing at some exotic greek island.

It occurred to me that this might be the long-term plan. No paper at all.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    It occurred to me that this might be the long-term plan. No paper at all.

But surely the end of the world will be upon us before the demise of printed paper literature?

• steve2
    steve2

um Balaamass I am wondering if you can perhaps be more specific. Exactly how many JWs have contacted you to complain? Less than ten? More than ten but less than twenty? More than twenty but less than forty? Please be specific. Are they in good standing in their congregations? Were any of the callers current active elders or in the "fulltime" ministry?

We already know there are JWs and then there are JWs. The organization attracts a lot of pro-JWs who are nonetheless inactive and inclined to moan about the organization, but who do nothing - were these the ones who dared call you? Come on man front up - instead of this Chinese-whisper reporting.

I have relatives still inside; my contact with them is very limited and cautious. So far, the little I have heard has been...wait for it...no surprises...very positive. A cousin hinted that now they are in a position to get right to the truth when they door knock.

There is absolutely no evidence - beyond anecdotal claims that are far too easy to make - that JWs are bothered by the change in magazine format. Besides, to be bothered, you need active brain cells don't you?

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

Before long the WTBTS will run an all-out online religion for the affluent populace with an podcast and download presence.

• worf
    worf

Hello everyone,

This is my first post in many years. From time to time I read a little of the latest topics and I am enjoying all the comments on this topic and with a lot of laughs also. Thanks and even the comments that have made me laugh are so true.

Ziddina, I can relate to your points about the assemblies. I'm 51 and I remember all the assemblies/conventions that were 7 days long here in New York at Yankee Stadium. I remember they started at about 9am and went on until after 9pm. FOR SEVEN DAYS! Every year! And the long prayers! I recall at Yankee Stadium, Shea Stadium, Aqueduct, and Belmont Racetracks, that during those loooooooonnnnnnnnng prayers, I had to keep opening my eyes to keep my balance from falling ahead, especially if sitting high up at the stadiums. I remember the food tents at Yankee Stadium where hot food was cooked on the spot. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, vegetables, etc.

Of course, what a waste it all turned out to be.

As for this new awake, this is the first I've heard about it, and as many posters have pointed out, it all just shows that the wt is continuing to go down, they have nothing left, they're trying to hold on to those who are still brainwashed, and those who are still fully drinking the koolaid will continue to say"Wow! The end is really close now! Those who are upset over this new awake are probabaly having their lights turned on to some extent to let them see that wt is nothing more than what all of us so-called apostates (and we are proud of it), have been pointing out for years: A fraud, and one of the biggest, if not the biggest fraud on the planet. Hopefully as all these changes continue to occur, maybe some will finally apply fully integrated honesty and some wide scope thinking about the wt, and stop wasting their lives there and get out.

My mom is still in (reluctantly). We talk many times and I'm going ask her about this new awake format and waht was said.

To: Metatron : Hello. It has been a long time. To: WTWizard: Hello my NT brother.

Worf

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

hey Worf, good seeing u again.

Gone are the days of several new publications offered at the assemblies. Large publications as well such as the Insight books. The GB doesn't want thinkers, just rag mag distributers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit