Jehovah's Witnesses dismayed by new magazine format from Watchtower Society.

by Balaamsass 97 Replies latest jw friends

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

This is the first visible and physical evidence to JWs gathering in any given KH that they downsizing - and they are not impressed.

For decades they heard and read stories of expansion everywhere. Full-speed they were going into the new system (order). Why, if anything else, their organization would increase and expand. Properties & moneys & lit & everyhing.

And now it hits them on the home front.

The tract-like Awake! does not even cut it as a second grade National Geographic magazine. And it looks cheesy, and they ask themselves how this inelegant paper will be perceived.

Believing in the 'highway of holiness' they are not used to lowering quality standards.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Speaking of 'demonizing' the internet, my younger brother probably does not have DSL... probably is still using dial-up.

I wonder how people like that are going to deal with having to go online and download all of their information, as directed?

Perhaps I should call him up and somehow (I hate - with a passion - discussing religion) get him to talk about how they are now getting their info over the internet.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Such ingrattitude towards Jehovah's theocratic arrangement is surely not going to go unoticed. Wait for the guilt inducing article telling everyone to be delighted about the new format!

• cofty
    cofty

I remember when "simplification" was the word that was used to give a positive spin to cutting back.

The loss of assembly food was the beginning of the decline.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Looks like they are moving towards eliminating it all together and/or that it should be/will be amalgamated into the Watchtower ragazine. It's all about cutting expenses these days.

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry
    Such ingrattitude towards Jehovah's theocratic arrangement is surely not going to go unoticed. Wait for the guilt inducing article telling everyone to be delighted about the new format!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Its not just the awake. The wt also was cut to 16 pages. And they have HUGE margins.... Tons of white blank areas. They are a complete joke. But then they always were :D

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

And they have HUGE margins.... Tons of white blank areas.

That space is meant for personal note-taking, same as in the Shepherd the Flock book.

Remember the time they had inserts . . . because they ran out of space with the drivel?

Nowadays they increase fonts and expand spacings in the KM/mags to make it fill the space.

Evidently, the spirit has nothing more to tell them.

• sir82
    sir82

My wife says the new magazines look like "toys".

They really are quite pathetic.

What will the millions of JWs who don't have fingertip access to JW.org think about the halving of their "spiritual food"?

For that matter, what will the millions of JWs who DO have fingertip access think? They were too lazy to read the magazines before - what makes the WTS think they will suddenly be motivated to look stuff up on the cluttered & non-user-friendly JW.org?

• designs
    designs

Oh for the good ol days when Fred Franz could ramble on for 4 Study articles about some new idea he had

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit