Mother Teresa attacked by Atheist/Anostic group -

by james_woods 205 Replies latest jw experiences

• designs
    designs

I met and spoke with an Indian man who was helped by her and her clinic in Calcutta, he was an alcoholic and went on to get his Phd from Standford U..

Back in the 80s she was at an fund raiser here in LA that had turn away crowds. Only later did some of her failings start to come out in the Press.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

For most of my life, it never occurred to me that MT was anything other than loving. Then I read about her. She's a wretched person that did a LOT of damage. People died because of her. It's laughable that anyone would consider this little monster worthy of sainthood.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I had a chance to go to Goa and I visited Calcutta and spoke to some at her mission.

She was human, she was flawed, she helped people in ways we of the western world can't fathom.

Did she have her faults? Yes, far less than some, far more than others.

Did she give all of herself to help people? Yes.

Ever seen a leper?

It sends chills through your bones and yet she helped them and held them..let that sink in, holding a leper.

How many here would do that? would do the one thing that a leper has the least of, the pleasure of human touch.

I think of atheists wanna go after someone, there are pleanty of better (worse) people to go after.

• cofty
    cofty

I think of atheists wanna go after someone, there are pleanty of better (worse) people to go after

The RCC have held her up as an icon of piety. They are proposing canonization. She deserves scrutiny.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Psac - I thought she was supposed to be helping the people dying because of starvation and lack of medical care - not necessarily lepers.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I mentioned lepers because, personally, that is what hit me the hardest.

Never seen any before.

• Woody22
    Woody22

Well I personally feel she has done more for humanity

then the seven million jw's combined.

• cofty
    cofty

Woody - have you read the evidence to the contrary?

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

It just proves we should be a little more skeptical, rather than just accepting the outward appearance of our heroes. They can be quite flawed. Stop admiring people just because of their good press. At least that's the lesson I've learned from mother Teresa's story. When I read some of the revealing information about her I realized that her main agenda was to promote RCC dogma more than helping people, as her stance on birth control shows. She was a great fund-raiser and I have the feeling that wealth corrupts as much as power.

Now, for a tell-all book about the Dalai Lama. I've become a little cynical about him since reading about the pedophilia in his organization, which he has to know about and yet I haven't heard him speak out against it.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Been reading Tucker Carlson's site again James?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit