non believers what if your wrong ?

by unstopableravens 546 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

Another thing. The king concept is also purely animal nature. A king is an alpha male. Except for england and a couple of other countries, we have mostly outgrown this archaic idea.

Jesus also is said to have spoken another idea, which conflicts w the idea of his being the king of his slaves. He is said to have called his disciples brothers. This is a concept that has no problems for.

S

• tec
    tec

I do not think Paul's words mean what you guys think they mean. I think that is the WT interpretation/spin off his words. However, even if they did so ... and sin is done at death... where does one get life from there? Christ is the One who gives life... reject Him, reject this gift... because He IS the life.

I'll be off for a bit, perhaps until tomorrow, so i'll talk with ya's more then.

Peace,

tammy

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

side note im at the mall with wifey this black friday mess is crazey ppl running around like wild animals. what is with ppl

• Satanus
    Satanus

Feeding frenzy!

S

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear Tammy...

you said in your post 11923 on page 15: " Some have the law written upon their hearts."...

who wrote it upon SOME PEOPLES hearts?...God is no respecter of persons (acts 10:34). He would have written it on every non-believing heart or no non-believing heart.

could you be wrong in your understanding?...could scripture simply be comparing believing jews who have the written law with believing gentiles who show the same work of the law written on their hearts?...the same values contained in the spirit of the law...those of beingseperatedforholinesstoGod AND justice tempered with mercy? romans 2:11-16...scripture indicates that the only way for a gentile to be seperated for holiness to God is by Jesus Christ.

love michelle

• tec
    tec

Michelle, a hard heart cannot be written upon. It is harder than stone. It does not allow for God to write upon it, because it wants to go its own way; not the way God decrees. That is why God had to write the law on stone tablets for the Israelites. Their hearts were too hard.

That does not mean that everyone's heart is too hard.

.could scripture simply be comparing believing jews who have the written law with believing gentiles who show the same work of the law written on their heart

Well the scripture IS doing that... but can you understand what that means? What is the point of the comparison?

Peace,

tammy

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I believe the point of comparison is that while the Jews did according to the law the right thing, people that never saw that law also often do the right things. So it's written on hearts. I think it was just a way of co-opting some pretty common human traits that are good, making it appear as though this god put it there, when in reality, people of all regions share some moral commonalities, regardless of religion, and likely the product of natural selection.

• smiddy
    smiddy

My personal experience, being brought up in a religion my parents never attended , nevertheless set in motion a curiosity about the bible , that was in my mind at the time illuminated by the explanations given by jehovah`s Witnesses in my late teens .After 33 years as a full flegded paying member absolutely convinced Jah was leading his people cracks emerged which could not by any stretch of the imagination be healed.It was only then that I started to question what realy was in the bible , the absurdities JW`s dont want to talk about,and during research I should have done prior to becoming a witness I have come to the conclusion I am not wrong in beleiving their is no personal God who hears prayers intervenes in human affairs or is any way defined by any religous creed on earth .

smiddy

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

smiddy from what im getting alot people here have similar experiances. new chapter do you imbrace evolution? or another theory?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Evolution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit