non believers what if your wrong ?

by unstopableravens 546 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

what if we are wrong? you dont even know what you are right of! thats funny....

if you need clarity lets ask SAB he knows everything... i mean it :-)

• cofty
    cofty

i only can give what i know and what i know is what the bible say

But I'm asking you to simply explain what the early church meant when they said, " by his wounds you have been healed."

This is the foundation of your faith.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

i hate the idea of hell but i do believe in it only because the bible teaches it. i know by me saying that some ppl will twist it to me thinking im better or whatever so i have to be careful how i say things

Well here is the thing. It doesn't matter that you don't want people to think you are saying you are better than them, because the statement stands on its own. You say there are two outcomes (quite a common christian contruct---good/bad---satan/god----heaven/hell). One outcome if very good--heavean. One outcome is very bad--Hell. You are on the road to Heaven, others are on the road to Hell. Can't get around it. The better outcome and the better road is Heaven, and so the better decision maker will choose that.

You must be in complete agreement with God's will, or else you wouldn't be on that road. God wills that some go to Hell. He does what brings him delight. If it didn't bring him delight, he wouldn't want to concern himself with the eternal screams of mercy and pain that he has set up with Hell. LOL. It's truly psychotic, you know? I know you can't see it that way yet, but you may.

I'm just not gonna be happy in a Heaven if my child is screaming in horrendous pain for eternity. If I did find pure bliss in that, then I would be a psychopath. This god does find delight in that, and is a psychopath.

In fact, the thought that my grandparents, dead friends, my MOTHER are screaming for mercy right now, burning, burning, burning, is actually something I couldn't live with. And CERTAINLY not love the god that constructed all. Actually, that used to really bother me, back when I believed in Hell.

Nothing but fear with this god---and maybe stockholm syndrome. But one thing is clear, it takes a lot of strange thinking to love a monster like that and not be sick to death over people that died that you loved. Even the POSSIBILITY that they could be in such a state used to wake me up at night.

Yeah---I've always been too tender-hearted for the Hell thingy. While I was encouraged to seek my own salvation, I was given very little hope for others. So sad. What an awful thing to choose to carry around. And more disturbing, you find yourself unable to explain the exact way Jesus's death helps you. You preach about it. Think people are going to Hell over it. And you can't even explain it. Keep working on that.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Unstop... It took me about 3 years to decipher the JWs and leave. It took me another 2 years of research to rule out the bible and examine the evidence for such things as abiogenesis.

I explored in detail, the bible, the hebrew language, the greek translation, the history of religion, the history of Rome, i explored Islam, the quaran, the hadiths.

I sincerely have not one reason to belive there is a god, however i have too many to discount that there is not one. Simpky, we all know the first gods were man made and anyone can go to the history section of a library and spend a few days reading about the growth of civilisation and the evolution of religions and beliefs i.e. myths.

once you have read it, you cant unread it. Atheism isnt really a choice, its an unavoidable conclusion once accepting the evidence. I'm sure many would disagree, I immediatly know they have not looked at the evidence. Its not about being a smart arse. Its like claiming a wizard lives down a hole in the ground. You know the day they finally stick their head down because they say "oh its just a rabbit." Until they say that, you know they havent checked the evidence.

life is sort, that is the only reason i promote the evidence so much here. Maybe it will save someone else many lost years.

snare x

ps sorry, typing on ipad and half asleep. Forgive my typos please x

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

new chapter as far as expalining what i believe i am trying to answer something that i can only give by using gods word but at the same time cofty want me to use my owns words but using the bible romans 8 :3and4 give a good answer. as far as hell 1 peter 3:9 gives what god desire is that all repent . i understand your feeling my grandparents both died as jw(dads side) and i love them alot i miss them as well and it does make me upset thinking about that. i cant change something just because i dont like it.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Unstop, until you can explain it in your own words, then it is just something that you have read. Cofty is pushing you to do something very valuable. This is your PERSONAL faith, therefore, cut and paste will not do.

I feel bad for you to have to worry that grandparents are not doing well. If I could relieve you of that with a reality dose, I would. But that's something you will just have to do yourself. Nothing anyone says could ever bring comfort when a person has such a notion. I have no authority that you will respect, but I promise your grandparents are NOT hurting or suffering.

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

snare well ur arugment falls by ur own words you say wizards are not real just rabbits? thats ur wrong about just because caleb had to throw him in the trash does not mean hes not real lol spralock lives i dont care what you say!

• sizemik
    sizemik

unstop . . .

what cofty asked was not quite that . . .

He was asking you to explain what you believe . . . the central theme of christian belief.

It requires more than to simply repeat scripture . . . the meaning of what is being said needs to be understood and reconciled in the mind. Otherwise they're just words in a book . . . still waiting to have the real application explained. That's not a lot to go on.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well this is a point that Snare and I have never agreed on, and have even drawn blood over. I say rabbits are wizards.

That misunderstanding aside, he really made an excellent post that should be taken to heart.

• cofty
    cofty

unstop - I don't think its unreasonable to ask you to explain a very fundamental doctrine in your own words.

How is Jesus suffering connected to your forgiveness?

Apparently if I continue to reject this formula I will be spending eternity in hell but I can't really accept something unless the words have meanings I can grasp.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit