A truce between Atheists and Non-Atheists?

by palmtree67 699 Replies latest jw friends

• sizemik
    sizemik

Still . . . PM

• still thinking
    still thinking

But yet you have come full circle. A few threads back you admitted that evolution was "complicated" and you used that as an argument against me. If evolution is "complicated" then you would need people to explain it to you and therefore you would require a measure of faith in that person and what they have to say...sab

It is complicated I am still learning about it....but I have already learnt enough to know it is true...and I don't rely on faith in A PERSON. Science isn't about what A PERSON says. It is tried and tested by many people. And all of them are attempting to disprove the claim to see if it stacks up. If the idea stacks up after rigorous trial and attempts to disprove it by knowledgeable people why would I tell them they are wrong? It is not faith. It is evidence.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Chappy:

LOL. A pm expressing concern is motivated by caring. Getting a few personal friends together in a room to confront the person you are worried about is an intervention.

Size:

Still . . . PM

Chappy:

RUH ROH!

• still thinking
    still thinking

thanks size.

• still thinking
  • sabastious
    sabastious
    I have a question on that . . . where in that concept does free will belong?

Free will is given out by God in dosages.

-Sab

• sizemik
    sizemik

Size:

Still . . . PM

Chappy:

RUH ROH!

I'll dispel any doubts . . . we have a volcanic eruption occurring here . . . and it's on Stills Island LOL

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Well, I see scientific ignorance is alive and well.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

And philosphical and religious ignorance. Strangely, from the same group.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Free will is given out by God in dosages.

-Sab

Well that's quite handy! LOL. It makes it all fit? No. It doesn't answer anything. I think you just threw this in there to avoid the question, and set the conversation on yet another topsy-turvey path.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit