A truce between Atheists and Non-Atheists?

by palmtree67 699 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

EP and Aguest,

Please take your difference to PM and off the thread.

Thank you.

Or I will post the goats.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

So on a thread about a truce, you want people to take talk about a truce of the thread? Why?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Agreed, so long as thus provision includes the sub-clause that if such "challenger" asks, cajoles, pushes, or forces another poster to tell them (by relentlessly following, chiding, and harassing the one so asked) what God (or Christ) says about them, and that such poster finally agrees to share that, because the challenger has left no other choice... then no challenge may come.

Agreed. Since that's not what actually happened, I have no idea what you are referring to.

So, looks like we have a truce. That was easy.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    So on a thread about a truce, you want people to take talk about a truce of the thread? Why?

(Now, see, if I had asked that question)... Welcome to MY world, EP, welcome to my world...

looks like we have a truce. That was easy.

It was, wasn't it? Very. And so I guess it's just you and me, for now, luv. Well, then... "till the wheels fall off" this mamma-jamma!

Peace!

YOUR servant (once't again) and a slave of Christ,

SA

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

**KEEPS THE GOAT PICTURE READY, JUST IN CASE**

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Welcome to MY world, EP, welcome to my world...

Everything isn't about you, Shelby.

And so I guess it's just you and me, for now, luv.

Sorry, I'm taken.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Everything isn't about you, Shelby.

Now, see, I thought this particular interchange (re a truce) was about me... and you. Was it NOT?

Sorry, I'm taken.

So, like, what... you can only truce with one person at a time? Well, ain't THAT just about a...

Look, EP, I'm a poly-truce-ist. I "swing" all ways when it comes to trucing. No inhibitions, no phobias, no squeamishness-es... and I stated were my non-negotiable was. So, which is it? We in this thing... or are we not? I mean, dang, man... can you at least wait an hour or so before you go denying a truce you've just made?? You know it's yours - dude, it has your eyes!

I mean... REALLY, now - c'MON, people!

Peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA, still feeling "truce-y"... if there are any other takers...

• sabastious
    sabastious

So the people who followed in Jesus the Nazarene's footsteps, you know, the ones that got crucified? From an atheist's perspective, what did they die for? If you had to rate them as a positive or negative effect to society at large, where would they fall? How about dying for one's beliefs? When is that the best course of action?

-Sab

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Shelby, you and Chariklo seem determined to get this thread locked or deleted.

Many of us feel it's been helpful.

Please stop.

EP - YOU HAVE A PM.

• cofty
    cofty

Sab - way off topic but good questions for a new thread perhaps?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit