A truce between Atheists and Non-Atheists?

by palmtree67 699 Replies latest jw friends

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    SAB: So the people who followed in Jesus the Nazarene's footsteps, you know, the ones that got crucified? From an atheist's perspective, what did they die for? If you had to rate them as a positive or negative effect to society at large, where would they fall? How about dying for one's beliefs? When is that the best course of action?

An excellent topic!

Please feel free to start one.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

From an atheist's perspective, what did they die for?

Every man born of woman dies.

If you had to rate them as a positive or negative effect to society at large, where would they fall?

Depends on the individual, whether Christian, Muslim, atheist, Jew or Sikh.

How about dying for one's beliefs? When is that the best course of action?

Unanswerable without getting more specific questions.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Palm, answered!

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    Palm, answered!

And one last reply.....

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Shelby, you and Chariklo seem determined to get this thread locked or deleted.

What in the... what are you TALKING about, Palm? Please... I do NOT understand. This is a thread about truces, is it not? And, out of, let's see... 28 pages and over 5,850 posts... only TWO of us... one an atheist and one non-atheist... actually CAME to a truce! Did what was asked at the start, what supposedly the "spirit" of the thread was about. Two, mind you, who've had their share of disagreements, sometimes even heated.

HOW does that in ANY way show me "determined" to get this thread "locked" or "deleted"?????

Many of us feel it's been helpful.

I repeat... TWO of us have agreed to a truce (well, I think we did - I'm not quite sure, now, though, but I know I was genuine). And so apparently WE found it "helpful."

Please stop.

You know what, Palm? I'm done trying to figure out what you want. Here or via PM. Because I don't think YOU know. And, heck, if YOU don't know... then no one can ever give it to you...

Oh, wait... OMG... I am SO sorry! I JUST got it! You meant... mean... can there be a truce between atheists... and non-atheists... excluding AGuest!! OMG, I am SO sorry! I truly did NOT get that! Oh my dear Lord. Well, I have told you folks I am NOT the brightest crayon in the box, and I wasn't lying to you. I did NOT get that that was what Palm meant... or wanted. Palm, hon'... I will most certain leave your thread. Please, please, though, do not take issue with me if I start my own "Can't We All Just Get Along and Have a Truce?" thread. I mean, I will try not to make it anything like this one, if I can help it, but truces interesst me, too.

My sincere apologies. For trying to participate, seek truce, or misunderstanding YOUR intent and who you wished included here.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• cofty
    cofty

We all agreed a long way back in this thread that truce wasn't the issue. We are discussing how to disagree and debate more productively and with less angst.

Try to keep up Shelby.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Palmtree...just wanted to point out that your last post was number 6666....carry on...

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

LOL

Hopefully, not prophetic, Still.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Every man born of woman dies.

What is the difference between a suicide bomber and a Christian martyr? Both are compelled to death by religious ferver are they not? Can we demonize one and glorify the other?

-Sab

• cofty
    cofty

Sab - New thread please. Its a good theme but its off topic by miles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit