Atheists V Creationists ... FACE OFF

by snare&racket 122 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

So the discussion is evolution v non evolution?

Abiogenesis...I understand to mean life that came from non life. Or non organic matter. Other than that I have a very limited understanding of it.

And I agree. The big bang is a different concept . If we are going to discuss that we are going to bring in cosmolgy and abiogenesis. That conversation intertwined with evolution would make my mind go...

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

That conversation intertwined with evolution would make my mind go...

Exactly. Sometimes I read articles in support of creation, and they simply use all the concepts interchangably. I mean, where do you even start when it is all over the board?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I'm not going to be arguing for creationism. I'm sticking to arguing theism.

i think the idea is to take a few days to read Collins book, and then begin the discussion.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Perhaps we dont even need sides, perhaps everyone can take a turn choosing a book (paper/etc), only people that have read and contributed to other peoples chosen evidences may present likewise .... That way we keep it inclusive to those that are willing to make an effort and we can ensure comments are coming from informed forum members..... (informed doesn't mean intelligent, educated, experienced... it is those that have read the suggested reading).

Ok so book one, chosen by Christ Alone. can you briefly give us the title, author, isbn, edition and date please CA and also a very brief description or sleeve cover description just to give everyone a taste of the literature you have chosen. Finally a rough time period to read it by..... Be reasonable, then add a bit more for me :D x

Exciting stuff ! :) x

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I don't understand what that means, Christ A. Are you accepting Evolution, or arguing some other thing?

Is it creationist vs evolutionists? Or is it less focused than that?

I don't think I'd be too interested unless there was a narrow focus. These things have a tendency to jump all over the board, and they make me tired.

Well---whatever you all decide.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Should be interesting now that we got all our labels straight. Or Not.

Are we talking Young Earth type of creationist?How about something broader like a Quantum super Being with a quantum computor that can make all kinds of computer symulations of universes and fine tune his machine to those frequencies to make an infinite amount of universe symulations producing life.

Would that classify as a creationist?

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I assume it will become evolution v creation, theists v atheists by the nature of the people doing it NC. But to save days debating who gets hulk hogan in their team and who gets left with tugboat... Lets just make it open?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Let me answer NC and then I'll post the info on the book we will discuss.

My personal position is that I DO accept the Bible as the word of god. I don't care that it isn't a popular view here. That's my current position. However I am undecided on many other things. I don't necessarily believe, like many other Christians, that evolution must be rejected and that both acceptance of it and also the scripture are at odds. I know the arguments that they ARE at odds, but I'm undecided. I will pursue evidence where it leads.

But I will not necessarily be arguing the bible here. If relevant issues are brought up, then I may use the scriptures as a source to support an idea or support what Christians believe. But it will not be my main source of argument.

I will be arguing merely for support of the necessity of a creator. Not creationism, in the sense of a young earth, etc...

Does that make sense?

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I mean if we can't 100% rule out the flying spagetti monster with the meatball eyes orbiting our earth perhaps this Invisible Quantum being of supreme intelligence made all that is and we are this being looking at the world from all sides of space and time.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

CA surely if a book or article or evidence is presented concerning the bible, god, creation.. you will have an opinion and will read it and tell us what you think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit