Atheists V Creationists ... FACE OFF

by snare&racket 122 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Awesome, why dont you both go ahead and choose your first piece of evidence, paper, journal or book. Dont rush. Make sure it is one of the 3 topics.

Tec whether you believe the booger monster made humanity or not does not matter, you dont have to fit in a specific box, just atheist or theist and present any interesting info when its your turn.

LETS BE FAIR NOW.... You get to go first to show there is no dirty trick AND you must promise to read whatever we present as our choice next..... Ok

as for ATP, take as long as you want to read and comment on the evidence, info,books, presented.... It doesn't matter if it takes a year, it is more worthwhile that these silly threads.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I agree, snare. Most of the atheist vs theist threads have been beneficial to no one. No structure, and overall just a bunch of people spouting out their ideas without any evidence to back them up.

Let me think about my first book or article that I'd like to discuss. And I agree to read all your materials as well. Sound good?

By the way, like I said on another thread, much of my conclusions regarding a belief in a creator come from personal experience. Again, I know the argument against using personal experience to prove or disprove anything. And I do factor that in. However, I'm going to avoid anything personal on this thread, if you're ok with that. There are MANY reasons for that. And it's not "I don't want to be proven wrong." I have my reasons of remaining anonymous and that'll have to do.

• tec
    tec

Awesome, why dont you both go ahead and choose your first piece of evidence, paper, journal or book

Evidence, paper, journal for what?

I can't find something to support creationism; as i am not a creationist. (per dictionary definition)

So I'm not sure what you are asking for. At least not from me.

Peace,

tammy

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I'm not arguing creationism either, Tec. I'm arguing theism. My beliefs go farther, but I'm going to limit my comments to theism.

I guess I'd like to start with discussing the evidence as presented in "The Language of God" by Francis Collins. How are we going to do this? I have the book, but most of you probably dont. I'm not sure how to discuss this without everyone having it. Should I just quote some parts and go from there? I guess anyone can google the book and read the reviews to obtain quotes from the book...

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Interestingly, snare, this book is rejected by the creationist community as a whole because Collins is a theistic evolutionist. So I think it's sorta fair to start with him... :-)

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I do have to say that I have plans and will be away from the computer for the rest of the night. I don't want anyone to think I brought up Francis Collins and then ran away. I'll be back tomorrow to contribute.

• still thinking
    still thinking

I've got that book Christ alone...I hung on his every word when I believed. Now I just see him going in and out of reality.

Facts.............................therefore god. As if one is actually connected to the other. I'd be interested to hear how you connect the dots like he does. When I believed I thought he made the best case I had ever heard. Then I reread the book. And it's not how I thought it was.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Are you sure about that book choice? We can all take our time, get it and read it. No rush. It wont work if just one person preaches a book amd the others discount it with a scroll of their mouse. Ill get the book somehow too. but like i said, lets do this fairly... I am willing to put in the effort as long as you are too when we choose a piece of evidence, book, research etc.

tec... Relax... Nobody is labeling you as anything, however if all you really have is your own opinion... Then frankly debate is impossible to start with. Perhaps think about a book that defends your world view, perhaps a commentary. Perhaps some scriptures Tec? Its up to you.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I'd like to disect Language of God. But I don't want to force anyone either. I'm pretty solid with that book, and I'm open to discussion for and against it. So yeah, I'd like to do it. But I'm open to any other ideas.

I like the idea of taking the time with it too. I don't want to come back in tomorrow and see this thread blown away and little to talk about because of bickering back and forth.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I'm open to going with Tec's choice first too. You guys figure it out and I'll check back in tomorrow to see what the choice is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit