Atheists V Creationists ... FACE OFF

by snare&racket 122 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

ZID --- please add more videos here or there don't care. Just alert me so I don't miss them.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Great videos, Zid.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Since this hasn't actually gone into a real debate yet, I will give my concern with theist's evidence:

I've been on this board for quite a while now and here's what I've seen.

The more "godly" people get - the more their posts reflect their own ideas and thoughts: "I think this.....I believe this....I am this wonderful kind of person......I am fabulous, etc........I.....I .......I......Oh, and by the way......I think the same as Jesus does."

I'm flabbergasted that people think *that* is an authority.

That's what frustrates me the most on these threads.

To me, the problem is that theists accept "feelings" and "voices" as authorities. And then get offended that the rest of us don't.

There's no point in debating when each other's criteria for what consittues an "authority" on the subject is SO different.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Anyone that wants to follow this discussion can find the book here:

http://freedownloadb.com/pdf/bthe-language-of-god-b-30954236.html

You must read it online, but this is the full version of the book. Just don't tell...

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Is anyone ready to begin? Snare? ST? Tec?

• still thinking
    still thinking

No sorry CA...haven't started it yet. I've been trying to finish my current book becuase it has to go back to the library. (I'm getting fined). And sidetracked all the time.

I will be reading it though. I'll tell you when I start.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Sounds good. Let me/us know

• Twitch
    Twitch

Did anyone mention the "Jesus saves but Gretzky scores on the rebound" one yet"

• Soledad
    Soledad

Atheist V Creationist?

Would it make more sense to state atheist v theist?

Anyway...maybe someone brought it up already...I only read the OP not all the replies

I have a great amount of respect for Deepak Chopra's publications.

Scientist, but spiritual. Acknowledges god, has done extensive research on bodies' capabilities to heal itself from chronic diseases using both modern and ayurvedic medicines

When I sort through my stuff I will post info.

• cofty
    cofty

Soledad I would be interested in a discussion of Deepak Chopra's ideas on a different thread. I have listened to him in quite a few debates.

Personally I find his ideas to be pseudo-scientific but it would be interesting to hear the other side.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit