Atheists V Creationists ... FACE OFF

by snare&racket 122 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

We should set 3 topics

1. Creation and Evolution (origins of life)

2. Religion

3. Misc

We take it in turns, theists first, then atheists etc etc all choosing one piece of evidence, topic, paper, book etc

Every two weeks we select a piece of evidence or journal etc and all consider it and examine it and critically appraise it. Maybe its a book and we have a month (or whatever) ,we take it in turns choosing a paper, item, book, that we ALL examine. Then we only debate the facts and research here, not personal ideas like "atheists are all....." or "believers dont know....." I know, i am guilty too.

Let the evidence for both sides see the light of day, lets leave conjecture, personal opinion and trolls left behind.

It is up to the the side choosing the evidence to judge the quality of the source and the duty of the opposite to question it.

WELL?

Perhaps the mods could give us our own section?

• tec
    tec

Not all theists are creationists, Snare.

However, it would be cool to have a thread set up to examine scientific findings/hypothesis/theories. But we can do that anytime, we don't need a designated time or thread.

Peace,

tammy

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

whew...after the last few days, I'm beat on this topic. Maybe I'll sit this one out for a bit. I like the idea though.

I'd like a structured discussion. Bring up a topic, stick to the topic, avoid personal attacks, avoid fallacies if at all possible.

The only problem is that there may not be enough educated believers to contribute. Or patient enough atheists. Yeah, I'm sitting this one out.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

But it never happens and it is the best way to actually get at answers. It doesnt have to dominate JWN it can be a tiny little corner of it, dedicated to looking at the evidence and not the regular chest beating...

at the moment prople debate by quoting dictionary entries and wikipedia... Thats not up to the job for a passing JW looking for answers...

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I cant believe the believers are backing out...l.

Not enough educated believers.....? That is irrelevant, we are discussing facts, all such issues are removed as are indeed personal attacks and old/new biases.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

And here lies the problem...... LOL. How easy was that .......

• tec
    tec

I'm not backing out, lol. But I'm not a creationist (as per the definition in the dictionary) theist. I do accept evolution, with the knowledge that new info or discoveries can change or improve what science currently states.

Peace,

tammy

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

That is irrelevant, we are discussing facts, all such issues are removed as are indeed personal attacks and old/new biases.

Yes, but if they are facts that haven't been researched by those contributing, how valuable can it be. Fine, I don't want to be accused of running away with my tail tucked between my legs. I'm game. I was just saying that my ATP is running low.

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL snare...

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

What if I'm both? Should I take half-off?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit