How is creationism DISPROVED?

by sabastious 376 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Braincleaned, we already have proof that there was a creator and that's us.

May I respectfully point out that this line of reasoning is no better than pointing to thunder and lightning as proof for the existance of Thor or Zeus.
    You see the logical fallacy of your statement?

However, I do believe that quantum mechanics may suggest that there is more intellegence in nature than we thought. We still have ways to go in discovery, and many are already calling this 'God" - so be it. It still doesn't point to the man-made gods of our supertitions of old!

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

In reference to my last comment:

http://youtu.be/WQhd05ZVYWg

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Fine. I'll settle this debate. I AM THAT I AM your Lord and God, Holiest of Holies, the Undefiled, Master of the Universes, Lord of all of Time, Space and Reality, Adonai, The One, the Alpha and the Omega, I AM all that Is, Was, Will Be or ever Could Be.

What do you want to know?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    May I respectfully point out that this line of reasoning is no better than pointing to thunder and lightning as proof for the existance of Thor or Zeus.
    You see the logical fallacy of your statement?

There is no logical fallacy in the personification of Gods. Thor and Zeus are real because they are based off known phenomenon and historical fact. We just have the technology now to see that they are not as "alive" as the mythology portrays. But the mythology was never meant to be a literal retelling of history, but an conjoining of history and the elements of nature into a single prototype. It's anient education and it was used to assume power which creates civilization. Were the people of those days happier? They had moments of glory and bliss, but their security was ultimately compromised. This is because they had no liberty, only the illusion of liberty.

-Sab

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades
    Do you know to express my thoughts for me? To be selfish would to post nothing and I post something even at the cost of family drama. Right now I am running my ideas by great minds and they are tearing them up just as I want. The end product should be simple and coherent or else you can't call it a result. Results solve problems.
    When the solution is simple God is answering. -Albert Einstein

how do you know that your anecdotal evidence isn't some combination of luck, hard work and/or being ready to seize the opportunity?

einstein would scoff at any theory that was based on facts that weren't put forth for the world to see and verify.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades
    Fine. I'll settle this debate. I AM THAT I AM your Lord and God, Holiest of Holies, the Undefiled, Master of the Universes, Lord of all of Time, Space and Reality, Adonai, The One, the Alpha and the Omega, I AM all that Is, Was, Will Be or ever Could Be.
    What do you want to know?

what happens when you cross maui wowie and some white widow?

or how about ny deisel and afghan kush?

also, about this whole polygamy thing...it's totally cool for guys to do that, but not women right? cuz that'd be a lot of eskimo brothers...

• sabastious
    sabastious
    We still have ways to go in discovery, and many are already calling this 'God" - so be it. It still doesn't point to the man-made gods of our supertitions of old!

People having been referencing God since long before we can measure humanity. Some, or even all, of them were right in what they were working with. So, quantum science is going to have to somehow intergrate with religion, it would seem. How could you possibly call ALL Shaman's charlatans? That's just lazy thinking. To me there is just no way our ancestors had it 100% wrong on God.

If we don't require some higher piece of technology that requires a manufacturing civilization to produce that interfaces with the quantum field, then what does that mean? There is always the danger of it being used as a weapon. That's why I think our entire civilization is in a secret war. Look at what happened with the weather so close to election day. It could have been an attack, but from who?

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

what happens when you cross maui wowie and some white widow?

You get the White Stripes. Do you *really* want Meg White as your drummer?

or how about ny deisel and afghan kush?

You get an intense love of reggae and some bitchin brownies.

also, about this whole polygamy thing...it's totally cool for guys to do that, but not women right? cuz that'd be a lot of eskimo brothers...

There's only one good kind of threesome. Figure it out from there.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    how do you know that your anecdotal evidence isn't some combination of luck, hard work and/or being ready to seize the opportunity?

Because of too many coincidences. Probablity doesn't seem to work the same for me, it's strange and hard to express. It never has and this was none more apparent then at the poker table. I cannot believe the stream of luck I went through. People could play decades and not see the cards I got. And I just so happened to desperately need the money at that point in my life. Regardless that's not my official expanation, I would offer my experiences in detail, but they would just end up with the same stubborn rationalist approach. "It could have been 1 million coincidences in a row." At that point I throw away the application.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit