How is creationism DISPROVED?

by sabastious 376 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

So the question is WHY. Then you die - insearchoftruth4

Asking "why" is like asking what does the colour green smell like.

The universe cares not a whit for whether you or I exist or for how long. We make our own "why".

I find purpose in family and friends and in the awe I feel when I gaze at the stars or at a flower or insect. I doubt if there are any believers who appreciate the natural world more than I do.

When I am gone my atoms will become part of other living things, my unique genetic quirks will survive briefly in my descendents before becoming hopelessly fragmented withing a few generations.

We are the lucky ones - we are here for a moment at least.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Is there something in there that was 1) supposed to make sense and 2) I was supposed to be defending my position against?

You said continue, and I did. Now you are scratching your head. This I cannot control.

Even if I was adequately educated and I made no logical or scientific errors you would just say I was waxing poetic like rationalists do with Michio Kaku. He interpreted the Bible in a video in my Genesis 1:1 thread. The fact is that theoretical physicists are often spiritual, more so than people in differing scientific fields. Kaku even stated that he chose the field of theoretical physics because he wanted to bump into the big questions like God. I personally think he knows more than he's letting on because he has a career he doesn't want to jeopardize, just like Einstein. Newton just didn't care, he wore his faith like a robe that was so long he would trip on it.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I find purpose in family and friends and in the awe I feel when I gaze at the stars or at a flower or insect. I doubt if there are any believers who appreciate the natural world more than I do.

HAH! That's bias if I have EVER seen it. We should go camping and test the general awe we experience in nature! What are the rules?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Cofty, video game programmers actually complain that they enjoy gaming less because understanding the fundamentals of game design can rob the mystique that the product offers. As Doc Brown would say, "No man should know too much about his own destiny."

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

BTW perfect1, thanks for the Brahma picture. That's a good personification of what I am talking about in this thread.

-Sab

• Reality vs Delusion
    Reality vs Delusion

Wow... its like I never left the Kingdom Hall. Makes no sense to the non-medicated mind and just as boring.

Do we get to stand up and mumble through a song soon?

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Now you are scratching your head. This I cannot control.

You assume I am confused. Bad science, Sab. I am not scratching my head at your statements. I am just asking questions.

Even if I was adequately educated and I made no logical or scientific errors you would just say I was waxing poetic like rationalists do with Michio Kaku.

You are not a prognosticator, nor a seer, certainly not a prophet.

He interpreted the Bible in a video in my Genesis 1:1 thread.

We covered that in that thread. You had (and continue to have) no idea what Dr. Kaku is talking about.

I personally think he knows more than he's letting on because he has a career he doesn't want to jeopardize, just like Einstein.

Lying about Einstein again, Sabby? That deserves a pants on fire rating.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Do we get to stand up and mumble through a song soon?

Welcome to the forum Reality vs Delusion. Care to elaborate? The Watchtower theology was created by the doctrines of several structured ideologies of men from the past. This includes but is not limited to Charles Russell borrowing from his wife and William Miller, Judge Rutherford and Fred Franz. All of my ideas are very much my own developed by experiencing the known world and studying scientific theory. I don't impose my ideas through a corporate structure that includes hyms or songs. Why would you think otherwise?

Makes no sense to the non-medicated mind and just as boring.

This is a foul ad hominem, but I gotta give you credit. When you are looking to jab, you know what you are doing!

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Lying about Einstein again, Sabby? That deserves a pants on fire rating.

It's something I believe in, which I have a right to. You are also free to call me a liar, but it will only serve to make you look foolish, imo. It's really not that far fetched, because Einstein knew how to hide his beliefs. He was pretty clever after all.

-Sab

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

So the question of why He created are found in his attributes, names e.g. The All Knowing. The Cause to Become. The Ultimate Reality, The Destoyer, Bringer of Death. The Living. The Maker of Colors, the search continues...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit