How is creationism DISPROVED?

by sabastious 376 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

Palm, if this man is a scholar of the I CHING comparing us would be an apples and oranges fallacy. The I CHING is a religious item, not a secular item although it provides many secular benefits so it is also secular. Before you say one is right and the other is wrong you must look deeper into the individuals involved and the purposes of which the I CHING is used. A discussion could resolve this. Have him make an account.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I think this is where you lose him. And a lot of the rest of us.

If he doesn't believe in God then I am spiritually superior to him. I do not think I am generally better than anyone, only specifically. You are confusing what I have said. It is not an ego thing, it's a perspective thing. You don't believe in God, that automatically puts me greater than you in "heaven" terms. Since you don't believe in heaven, you can simply disregard this. The fact that you cannot is evidence to me that you think there may be an afterlife.

-Sab

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    You don't believe in God, that automatically puts me greater than you in "heaven" terms.

LOL

You don't know me at all. Yet you have judged me "inferior" to yourself. LOL

Carry on.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    You don't know me at all. Yet you have judged me "inferior" to yourself. LOL

So you believe in God?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Belief in God is the first step that's why Genesis 1:1 makes the assertion. It requires you to be of peaceful mind in regards to that enormous subject. Because it doesn't start out peaceful, the opposite actually. Reading Scripture is hard work because the morality is never readily apparent. It's not supposed to be that's why they wrote it down. So that the next generations could learn and adapt. Without these ancient Oracles we would be up sh*t creek without a paddle. We owe a lot to them and they deserve the proper respect and reverence, as do their adherents and students.

-Sab

• palmtree67
    palmtree67
    So you believe in God?
    -Sab

You've already judged me.

It doesn't matter to you what I actually believe.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    You've already judged me. It doesn't matter to you what I actually believe.

Yes, I judge non believers, I'm sorry that it bothers you. It takes guts to openly claim belief in God because there has never been the evidence that rationalists want and they have always been more than ready to ridicule. No one should live in fear of their fellow man. Rationalists don't have to be nonbelievers. Witnesses are rationalists too. It's their way or the high way, that's rationalism. The evidence for God has always been there in each and everyone's life on this planet, all they have to do is LOOK. After they realize what they actually are then the study of Scripture becomes a very enjoyable experience. A lot like solving a puzzle or riddle instead of looking for ways to call God a monster. Humans frighten me more than any spirit I have ever heard about. Usually they just knock over books, humans rape and murder.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

My therapist knows all about you. No, you are not the cause of my problems, you are A problem in my life. A problem that will be gone for a month it would seem.

Jesus F'ing Christ, Sabby. YOU and the way YOU handle issues is the only problem. Even when someone is trying to be nice to you, you can't figure out how to handle it.

I am not A problem in your life, I am words on a screen. The problem is what you say and how you handle responses. Act like an adult. Someone was trying to do something nice for you because you have problems and you shit all over it. No wonder you get treated like you like do.

• still thinking
    still thinking

It takes guts to openly claim belief in God...sab

No it doesn't. Most of the world openly claims belief in God. They even build fancy buildings, wear silly hats and outfits to show off their belief so everyone can see it. It takes guts to say you don't believe.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    No it doesn't. Most of the world openly claims belief in God. They even build fancy buildings, wear silly hats and outfits to show off their belief so everyone can see it. It takes guts to say you don't believe.

Hey ST, thanks for coming in the thread your thoughts are always appreciated. However, I don't agree with you on this one. When someone professes belief in their God not only do they get ridicule from some/many unbelievers, they also get it from a slew of believers who disagree. Why do you think there are so many agnostics? By all means be an atheist, but there is no reason to say that believers don't sacrifice for their belief because they do. People can just as easily say they don't know and I know you respect that position more more, you'd call it more humble. Should I be an agnostic, ST? I wish I was as smart as Einstein, he knew to keep his beliefs locked up into a neat little word. I relate with the position, but I cannot deny the fact that God exists and works in our lives. I use nothing but my life as absolute evidence and I think that's the point of life. To give our testimony, it's like a court case.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit