How is creationism DISPROVED?

by sabastious 376 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious

I find the difference between these two quotes of yours interesting:

mmm hmmm, and so somehow you're special? god has chosen you to bestow ll these blessings and not those starving to death around the world? you know what's lucky? winning the lotto. the odds are extreme. is that god chosing them over everyone else? - RibH to Sab
    thank you alpha and omega, if i may call you that? - RibH to EP

So ,you are conceding to the idea that EP is the Alpha and the Omega, but then when I say I am lucky you are skeptical? This seems greatly inconsistant to me. Do you think that EP is joking about his godship? I don't believe he is and I would NEVER call a man that. That's blasphemy from my perspective as a believer in the One True God.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I am not playing games. It was totally fine that people believed in those gods back then. However they were designed by people who probably didn't believe in them exactly the way they were portraying them. The ancient times had a much stronger class distinction and liberty was not as evenly distributed as it is today. Common people were designed by society to be stupid and be told what to do.

Not .... quite. I AM THAT I AM all that IS, WAS, WILL BE or EVER COULD BE.

All of those representations are correct. There are multiple realities bleeding into each other. From my perspective, thats still going on. From your linear perspective of time, thats over and done with and your world has settled on just a few major ideas of my qualities.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Not .... quite. I AM THAT I AM all that IS, WAS, WILL BE or EVER COULD BE.

Previously you claimed to be the "Holiest of Holies."

The construction "Holy of Holies" is a literal translation of a Hebrew idiom which is intended to express a superlative. Examples of similar constructions are "servant of servants" (Gen 9:25), "Sabbath of sabbaths" (Ex 31:15), "God of gods" (Deut 10:17), "Vanity of vanities" (Eccl 1:2) or "Song of songs" (Song of Songs 1:1).

To agree with you would constitute idolatry. There is none holier than the One True God. Are you saying you are Yahweh?

-Sab

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades
    I am not playing games. It was totally fine that people believed in those gods back then. However they were designed by people who probably didn't believe in them exactly the way they were portraying them. The ancient times had a much stronger class distinction and liberty was not as evenly distributed as it is today. Common people were designed by society to be stupid and be told what to do. The world had to be built after all, you know, the one you wake up every morning in. Now it's different, we have a much more educated common folk because of the internet. We are in the early stages of a world changing revolution. It doesn't have to be violent, but there will probably be some.

so god was totally cool with every awful thing done in his name because they weren't ignorant back then? god was totally cool with slavery justified in his name because they were ignorant back then?

you are playing games when you try to legitimize as real, something that was clearly not. santa claus is clearly made up. are you going to ttry and legitimize him as real just because it makes little kids happy?

We are stuck with this two class society when we use money, that's what it was designed to accomplish. Eventually the monetary system will be used to assign your worth as a human being because that's the direction that we are heading. That's what the Secular State has to offer.

communism is said to be secular, i'm not quite sure followers of that ideology would agree as to your assesment to the secular world. in any case, you're simply going back to the wild assumption that lives are worthless and meaningless without god. which is very much wrong.

We have seen early stages of this through credit score bureaus. Liberty is not an illusion, not at all.

it is if you somehow think that you must do or die and somehow have a choice...

But if you don't fight for it that can quickly take place in a generation. God didn't make us to hand over our liberties to a currency attached the a rich class that works off the backs of the poor. The rich simply will not be able to hold out forever. Eventually they will step on too many people and uprising will take place. We have already seen things like occupy wallstreet and even the tea party was a real uprising against government spending.

we also saw this sort of thing with the protestant reformation

and we see this with people breaking free of the religious dogma of the ages that strips them of their civil rights

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades
    So ,you are conceding to the idea that EP is the Alpha and the Omega, but then when I say I am lucky you are skeptical? This seems greatly inconsistant to me. Do you think that EP is joking about his godship? I don't believe he is and I would NEVER call a man that. That's blasphemy from my perspective as a believer in the One True God.

well if he's blaspheming, will god strike him down?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    so god was totally cool with every awful thing done in his name because they weren't ignorant back then? god was totally cool with slavery justified in his name because they were ignorant back then?

We needed all that so that the world could be built. Can you really go back and say it wasn't needed? What is your criteria for such a conclusion?

you are playing games when you try to legitimize as real, something that was clearly not. santa claus is clearly made up. are you going to ttry and legitimize him as real just because it makes little kids happy?

Santa Clause is real because the spirit of giving exists. It's not about chimneys, it's about why we enjoy giving more than recieving. Santa Clause is a perfect example of mythology translating into our every day lives. We teach our kids about the myth first and then we slowly ween them off and into reality. But GOD is not a myth, the stories are. Not GOD the one who set the universe into motion.

communism is said to be secular, i'm not quite sure followers of that ideology would agree as to your assesment to the secular world. in any case, you're simply going back to the wild assumption that lives are worthless and meaningless without god. which is very much wrong.

Without God we are simply the sum of our parts that he set into motion 13.7 billion years ago. We are filthy animals and God makes us human because we are His children. We are worth more than many sparrows.

it is if you somehow think that you must do or die and somehow have a choice...

I don't really understand what you mean by this.

we also saw this sort of thing with the protestant reformation and we see this with people breaking free of the religious dogma of the ages that strips them of their civil rights

Yes, and we see a patten of revolution. Remember the I CHING says that a creative day is a "revolution in heaven."

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    well if he's blaspheming, will god strike him down?

I cannot answer this question, I simply do not know and my theories are not well established.

-Sab

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Sab:

Respect me and my research, that's all I ask.

And I did that. You have claimed many times to be "superior" to the rest of us and "greater". You have said that you got these ideas from the I Ching and that you are here (and on other sites) to bear witness to the I Ching.

I have started reading some of what you suggested, Sab. Doesn't that say to you that I HAVE made an effort to respect you and your research?

I also consulted with a trusted friend who has researched and studied the I Ching for years. He has also studied extensively the Tao Te Ching.

He has read your posts here and on other sites and....................He says...... you are full of it. And frankly, his life's example is much more compelling to me than your's.

I respect that you are searching.

But I don't respect your dogmatism that WHATEVER YOU THINK AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME IS RIGHT. **note: thoughts change at any moment in time and......ARE STILL ABSOLUTELY RIGHT.** Like most believers. You expect everyone to accept whatever you say TODAY......and change their beliefs according to YOUR changing beliefs. Sort of like the Governing Body......

OK......

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Previously you claimed to be the "Holiest of Holies."

I AM THAT I AM the Holiest of Holies.

To agree with you would constitute idolatry. There is none holier than the One True God. Are you saying you are Yahweh?

I AM THAT I AM the One True God.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    And I did that. You have claimed many times to be "superior" to the rest of us and "greater". You have said that you got these ideas from the I Ching and that you are here (and on other sites) to bear witness to the I Ching.

Yes, and I mean that I am spiritually superior, which is just an honest assertion. A non believer really has very little business teaching a believer about spirituality. Lets say I was a professional basketball player. What if someone who only played in high school wanted to tell me how to play basketball? What if they insisted I changed my style of play? I would have to kindly remind them that I am the more skilled basketball player, not them. I don't mean to lord over anyone, but it would seem that others seek to lord over me. This is when I must create boundries. How would you suggest I appeal to my own authority without invoking negative reaction in others, Palm?

I have started reading some of what you suggested, Sab. Doesn't that say to you that I HAVE made an effort to respect you and your research?

Thank you, and yes it does.

I also consulted with a trusted friend who has researched and studied the I Ching for years. He has also studied extensively the Tao Te Ching. He has read your posts here and on other sites and....................He says...... you are full of it.

I am not a taoist, I am a confucianist. Showing my stuff to a Taoist is like showing Jewish religious thought to an orthadox Christian (both will say that the other is 'full of it'). I am perplexed that you would appeal to this man's authority in this way so easily. I'd love to speak to him in this thread though.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit