Why are atheists so intent on scorning "believers"?

by Chariklo 553 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Palm, this is thread #1 of me trying to be reasonable while listening to Judas Priest while posting on a flight. It all depends on how you look at it.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Where would you be without music
    You would be nowhere at all
    We wouldn't be here doing this now
    If you weren't having a ball

• cofty
    cofty
    atheists too are believers.

groan

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There will be no peace until everyone gets a Progress Bar..

It`s in the Bible..

........................ ... OUTLAW

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I like point number 6 as well.

Even Dawkins leaves open the slight sliver of a possibility that there could be a god.

I am not saying that there is or isnt

If someone is athiest and firmly believes he/she is right.....that is fine.....lay out your case but respect the belief of others (as ridiculous as it may seem to you). If someone is a "believer" and firmly believes he/she is right.....that too is fine......lay out your case but please be respectful of those that do not share your (or any) level of faith.

We all have one thing in common. We got fed up with the Watchtower Society's dogmatic insistence that they alone are right all others that disagree are to be scorned or pitied. Let's learn something from that and respect one anothers' individuality.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

My hubby is a believer, me not so much. I respect my hubby's belief and am not hell bent to change him. He respects my disbelief and doesn't try to impose anything on me. I wish the board could be like that. Maybe one day, sooner than later.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Unless you haven't realized it, majority of this forum is some sort of atheist.

We rule!

• cofty
    cofty

Even Dawkins leaves open the slight sliver of a possibility that there could be a god.

I have never encountered an atheist who doesn't.

There might be an invisible teapot revolving around earth. I can't prove there isn't and I can't prove there is no god.

Atheists are humble that way. Unlike some believers we don't require certainty.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Unless you haven't realized it, majority of this forum is some sort of atheist.

The term "some sort of atheist" doesn't make sense. There is a single definition of atheist. One that denies the belief in God. If you are "some sort" of atheist, most likely you are an agnostic.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I could care less what your definition is.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit