Why are atheists so intent on scorning "believers"?

by Chariklo 553 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL sizemik...it would appear you have figured out how to get PM's...LOL

(just an observation after you saying you didn't get many on OTWO PM thread)

• still thinking
    still thinking

Religious tolerance is part of the foundation of civilised society. It's Jehovah's Witnesses, who make a fuss about atheism. Not me. Chariklo

ahem...

Why are atheists so intent on scorning "believers"?...Chariklo

• sizemik
    sizemik

This morning has been one thrill after another.

• ammo
    ammo

Whatever size you win,all you atheists have got it all sewn up in a bag,and you will pound us stupid believers, actually I'm not sure if I am one, but hey if it suits your motive go for it, keep up the good work,collectively you all prove to the lurkers that we can TRULY all get along and come to a happy point of non agreement.

I'm so sorry I got it wrong there's no spite, no putdowns, sorry I misread there is underlying aggressive bullying,how incredibly over sensitive of me, I will endeavour to get back under the house where you and all your little friends would like anyone with a differing view on life to remain.

Maybe you can all have a little meeting on how to shut down someone, I'm sure your leader, oh thats right you have no mate's let alone a leader... and you lot think believers lie and fool themselve's.

Now Size this really is going to get us nowhere and life really is too short, so you take care now and I won't get back on this thread because it will sicken me if I keep biting, so all the best, have a great day, adios amigo,ciao baby, ki ora.

• still thinking
    still thinking

It would appear so...but at least you got some PM's...lol

• sizemik
    sizemik

Yes I did . . . and they were all very nice PM's. I feel so relevant . . . validated even. I'm all tingly.

• still thinking
    still thinking

LOL...I'm glad to see something positive has come from this thread sizemik...

• sizemik
    sizemik
    I'm so sorry I got it wrong there's no spite, no putdowns, sorry I misread there is underlying aggressive bullying . . . ammo

I'm sorry to have to be the one to point this out . . . but the only spite, putdowns, and aggressive bullying I have encountered on this thread has come from you ammo.

You object to cut and paste and then continue to misquote, attribute motive and cast further slurs. What exactly is the point of that?

I won't get back on this thread because it will sicken me if I keep biting . . . ammo

Why don't you simply stay on the thread and stop biting . . . engage in discussion instead of biting all the time. I'm here and ready to that anytime.

• Chariklo
    Chariklo
    but the only spite, putdowns, and aggressive bullying I have encountered on this thread has come from you ammo.

Beauty, they say, is in the eye of the beholder, but honestly, Sizemik, I don't see any of that in ammo's posts. Please would you consider that you might be seeing hurt where none was intended, and you might actually be seeing through the words to the hurt feelings of someone else.

As I've already said, though my word has been questioned more than once in this thread, I began the thread with the hope and intention that through understanding the behaviour of a small but vociferous group of people we might come to a point where unkind ways of talking to each other might stop or at least lessen.

it hasn't gone the way I expected, but that's my perpetually rose-tinted glasses, maybe, and if it's helped by getting it all out into the open then maybe it will all turn out to the good.

Sizemik, you have been around elsewhere where you will have seen some of the behaviour that so sickened me, and you'll have seen there that I was far from bering the only one who was sickened by it. But such is the way of things that I discovered the next morning, on waking, that it had opened my eyes. You and I understand each other now, I know, but please don't fall into the trap of being hurt by your inteerpretation of what someone seems to you to be saying.

Whether you are atheist or agnostic, you never display spite, putdowns or agregressive bullying. Please don't allow yourself to perceive it where it isn't. You, or someone, called Ammo my friend on here a while ago. Actually, I'd never really encountered ammo before this thread...I may have been around when ammo was around, but I don't remember it. Here, on this thread, despite the surprising reactions of some, I've been very warmed and encouraged by those including ammo who have told me, publicly or in private, that I have voiced what they too had seen over and over but had never risked saying out loud. I am pleased now to include Ammo among my friends.

I won't be online for much of today, so I'm afraid this will be my last post here for the time being.

• loosie
    loosie

You there are secular nations like Canada who are very happy by not having religion in their laws. That leaves the people free to think what they want, and worship what or who they want. And the laws help everybody...even the believers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit