Why are atheists so intent on scorning "believers"?

by Chariklo 553 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

Are you guessing her intent tec? I'm going off what she wrote.

I am, in giving the benefit of the doubt.

Just like that other person who started a thread atheist bashing...is it atheist bashing season here on JWN? All in the name of believers being scorned. Interesting...

I missed most of the other thread, and it appears to have wound down on its own, with what seems to be a peaceful? end.

Peace,

tammy

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Why do atheists hate wild flowers?

It's actually wild flowers who hate YOU! Always using them in your love rituals.

-Sab

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

How bout this one:

Why do atheists like making Jesus cry?

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Are you guessing her intent tec? I'm going off what she wrote.

I am, in giving the benefit of the doubt....tec

I see......."Why are atheists so intent on scorning "believers""? doesn't seem to be giving atheists the benefit of the doubt...that statement has made it's own mind up about what is true...atheists are intent on scorning believers....it doesn't question whether they do or not....it asks WHY they do.

• still thinking
    still thinking

It's actually wild flowers who hate YOU! Always using them in your love rituals.

understandable I suppose...

• Glander
    Glander

Why do atheists like making Jesus cry?

Good grief.

Why do believers make atheists shake their heads in disbelief at the fantasy world of BAC's.

• tec
    tec

Yes, Still, but that is because I've been on the receiving end, so I know that some atheists DO scorn believers, just for being a believer.

Since i've seen videos and stuff of people stating that atheists are going to hell, and are immoral (basically all the stereotypes that Palm posted above), then I also know that atheists have been on the receiving end of scorn as well.

Lots of hurt; and the feeling is justified for most.

Some atheists. Some believers. <- This should always be remembered so as to avoid hurting someone who is not among that category, though even then it happens.

But one of the reasons I give Chariklo the benefit of the doubt and am not sure why you don't, is this: Aren't you guys all friends with Chariklo? Don't you guys all play around together on the Thor threads? I don't read them much (sorry, EE), so perhaps i am mistaken, but that is what I thought.

Peace,

tammy

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Read this: http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/25/prosecutors-nypd-officer-planned-to-kidnap-cook-eat-women/?hpt=hp_t3

Bet he was an atheist!

(Just so I don't get beat up by all the scornful atheists here...that was a joke!)

• sabastious
    sabastious

Atheists don't have intent to scorn, they have intent to teach, but not everyone has intent to learn. Just as if a math teacher has the intention of teaching math, but the student is asking what is percieved to be irritating questions. The I CHING has some wisdom on the matter:

In the time of youth, folly is not an evil . One may succeed in spite of it, provided one finds an experienced teacher and has the right attitude toward him. This means, first of all, that the youth himself must be conscious of his lack of experience and must seek out the teacher. Without this modesty and this interest there is no guarantee that he has the necessary receptivity, which should express itself in respectful acceptance of the teacher. This is the reason why the teacher must wait to be sought out instead of offering himself. Only thus can the instruction take place at the right time and in the right way.
    I CHING 4

I am not here for followers, I am just here to provide a voice. I see a need for God on this forum because I see him being threatened by a whole lot of bologna. The I CHING is perfect because most people here are scared of the Bible. Which is understandable because it was used as a weapon to all of our minds. I was told that I didn't deserve to live because I was disobedient to my parents, now I have recurring suicidal ideations. However they are fading and I owe that to God, not me, God. It's as simple as that. The Watchtower has a responsibility to lighten the load on their flock. It's too heavy and it's killing people, it almost killed me.

The atheists that are here to covert need to stop trying to convert. Right now, this minute. And any believers who are trying to convert also NEED TO STOP. I am not trying to convert, I am trying to raise awareness of the I CHING and it's connection with the Judeo-Christian faith. If you believe, then go on your way, Christ will be with you. I don't want followers and I never did. I do however, want to write and to preach.

-Sab

• still thinking
    still thinking

Some atheists. Some believers.

I agree with you here tec.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit