Patterson on the line: Watchtower claims that paying cash bond would cause “immediate irreparable harm and hardship”

by cedars 339 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• 00DAD
    00DAD

King Solomon: I'm seriously wondering if Cedars is actually a WT loyalist who is trying to discredit apostates, by trying to make us all appear to fit the WT characterization of angry, bitter, lying "mentally-diseased" apostates ... [Emphasis added]

Us? One of "us"!!! I don't think so.

You're not one of us. You've never been one of us.

I don't know what the hell your problem is the way you follow certain JWN posters around and deliberately push their buttons always trying to stir-things up and antagonize people. You're clearly a sick individual that needs some serious professional help.

But let's set one thing straight: You King Solomon--whoever the hell you are--you are most definitely NOT one of us.

As Cedars said on another thread, why don't you go "Find another religion that you were never a member of to obsess over."

• pontoon
    pontoon

Legal chess, thats all. They got the money, but don't want to appear loaded. Back when congregation acconts reports were read we were not suppose to suggest that we were doing financially well even if we were. Circuit Assemblies always run a deficiet or close to it even though they are HUGE moneymakers. Just all part of how they do business, don't show them what we got. I sure the vacant land they own just around Wat. Farm is worth more than $17,000,000. They are not going to lose Patterson, not even close. Are we so anxious to see the end of Wat that we let our imaginations run and make up unlikely and near impossible senarios? By the way Cedars, you are one of my favorite posters, even if I don't agree all the time with you.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

cofty: Questioning [Cedars] motives is out of order.

Agreed. KS seems unable to help himself.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

KS - that last paragraph was uncalled for.

I stand behind every word.

If you think that JW loyalists wouldn't try to engage in subterfuge and Machiavellian approaches to discredit apostates on JWN, then you are underestimating the depths that some would go to in the name of defending their God.

Cedars has been so consistently WRONG on almost EVERY topic, engaging in hyperbole and flat-out errors, that anyone who's watched him MUST wonder (just as all the attempts to create Illuminati conspiracies involving JWs are highly questionable as to motives, as if someone is intentionally attempting to paint ALL ex-JWs as mentally-ill nut-jobs, with out-of-control imaginations).

Anyone who's read CoC should remember the eyebrow-raising mention of Marley Cole, presented in a by-the-way manner by Franz:

Marley Cole, a Witness who wrote a book (with the full cooperation of the Society) entitled Jehovah’s Witnesses—The New World Society, points this out.

(Marley Cole, Jehovah’s Witnesses—The New World Society (New York: Vantage Press, 1955). pp. 86-89. Cole wrote the book as if he were a non-Witness writing an objective account. The idea was that by having the book published by an outside publishing firm it might reach persons who normally would not take Society literature. Thus it was a form of public relations tactic.)

If the Society is willing to hire ghost writers in an age before the internet to decieve, there's little doubt that they'd use the internet for such "public relations" tactics of disinformation.

Cedars, you present editorializing and writer's embellishments as if you're presenting facts; even here you managed to bungle the basic FACTS of the information you presented, even in the title, eg Patterson is NOT on the line (you don't know what surety means?), and hence there will be no apostafests at Patterson.

Granted, it's a fun little fantasy, but it IS only that: a fantasy, just like JWs "New System" is a fantasy. Are you trying to fight fantasy with fantasy?

JWs who are lurking and questioning their faith don't need more FANTASIES, but FACTS on which to base their decisions. You focus on the fantasies vs the actual ugliness that is found in the JW theology, and insist your fantasies ARE truth when facts are challenged. That IS wrong, and it muddies the waters for lurkers and ex-JWs alike.

Instead, consider the path taken by jwfacts.com: Paul uses a calm, rational level-headed approach in his editorials, mostly free of spin and hyperbole, and backed by fact. When a discrepancy IS discovered, he considers it and corrects, and doesn't get his panties in a twist.

I suspect you won't listen, as usual: you've proven you are so partisan, and blind to logic and facts. Ironically, you lack the courage of your own convictions in that you apparently don't even believe the JWs are all THAT evil, or you wouldn't still be in? THAT speaks volumes.

PS those questioning MY history: I've written it elsewhere, but I was raised in a single-parent JW family from 6-14, I was never baptized (I saw the BS in their theology at a young age; sorry to those who joined as ADULTS).

I have many family members who ARE still caught in (I helped one sib who worked at Bethel break free, two decades ago), hence my current concerns: I came here looking for FACTUAL info, not more BS fantasies. I left those to the JWs.

I was lucky: I had an unbelieving father (parents were divorced) who was able to give my direction in life, whereas the other kids didn't avail themselves of the opportunity. So I went to college, got a doctorate, successful career, etc. I MADE something of my life, and didn't squander it by becoming a full-time magazine pusher.

Healthworker asks:

Are you an apostate?

Have you ever been a JW?

"Am I an apostate"? Uh, have you NOT read any of MY posts, lol?

But to answer you question directly and unequivocally: YES, I AM considered an apostate and shunned by some JW family members for speaking out against ALL religions (including JWs), if that's what you mean (I'm an atheist). You don't have to be baptized to be shunned by JWs. I helped one brother to break free, but was found out, and shunned by the others.

Maybe the question you SHOULD be asking is if Cedars is an "apostate"?

Cedars doesn't have the courage to come out of the Apostate closet in real life, being unwilling to pay the price of shunning in order to speak one's opinion against the JWs freely and openly. Instead, he's doing it anonymously. Gotta walk the walk, man.....

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I'm seriously wondering if Cedars is actually a WT loyalist who is trying to discredit apostates, by trying to make us all appear to fit the WT characterization of angry, bitter, lying "mentally-diseased" apostates who arewilling to lie to others to discredit the Org. That would scare any doubting JWs who lurk to dismiss the information found here, throwing out the baby with Cedar's bathwater.

The guy writes great articles, and he ALWAYS corrects any information that is inaccurate when it is brought to his attention on this forum. This is nothing but psycho babble coming from you, King Solomon...

• cedars
    cedars

KS - you're ridiculous, insulting and offensive.

I'm seriously wondering if Cedars is actually a WT loyalist who is trying to discredit apostates, by trying to make us all appear to fit the WT characterization of angry, bitter, lying "mentally-diseased" apostates who arewilling to lie to others to discredit the Org. That would scare any doubting JWs who lurk to dismiss the information found here, throwing out the baby with Cedar's bathwater.

As if the preposterous "WT loyalist" label isn't silly enough (pot calling kettle by the way), can you just clarify - are you using this discussion forum to accuse me of being "angry, bitter, lying" and "mentally diseased"? Put your money where your mouth is King Solomon and clarify your comments. Were those blatant insults aimed at me?

Cedars doesn't have the courage to come out of the Apostate closet in real life, being unwilling to pay the price of shunning in order to speak one's opinion against the JWs freely and openly. Instead, he's doing it anonymously. Gotta walk the walk, man.....

This final comment reinforces what I've known about you since you joined this forum, that you have absolutely no sympathy for us faders, and think that those who remain inside the organization solely for the sake of family are cowards. No sensitivity to our plight whatsoever, as you would expect from someone who claims to never have even been a JW but still acts like some kind of expert on every facet of the religion.

I'm actually amazed that they still let you use this forum with your unique brand of insulting, demeaning and even (once) intimidating behavior. If you carry on targetting me with such venom, I'm fairly sure the hospitality won't be extended much longer. I've already had numerous emails and PMs complaining about your appalling attitude. The longer your carry on, and the more insults you hurl, the more people will see you for who you really are - so by all means, carry on...

Cedars

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Cedars has been so consistently WRONG on almost EVERY topic,....KS

Being in a JW Family from the age of 6-14..

Would not give you a Grasp of the Real Watchtower World..

You don`t have a Clue..

Many of us are 2nd,3rd and 4th generation..

I have many sources with which to gather Info in Watchtower World..

Cedars is spot on..

You build Strawmen and expect everyone to Adopt Them..

They belong to you..You get to keep them..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

It would be nice to think they are in serious financial difficulty, but don't you think AnnOMaly is probably right that their statement only refers to their New York corporation and that the bulk of their assets is held by the Pennsylvania corporation? In the interest of balance you should perhaps mention that possibility.

If that is what is going on I wonder whether there could be a legal challenge to them holding their assets in different corporations for the purpose of avoiding liability.

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks slimboyfat, I am keeping tabs on that possibility. Like I said, having read the documents thoroughly my understanding was that, though vague, the statement referred to putting up the bond money in cash - commencing with the premium. If someone with legal knowledge contradicts me I'd be more than happy to amend the article (and note the amendment), but I'm reasonably confident at this moment that I've interpreted the documents correctly. Like I said, I'm willing to stand corrected if needs be.

[edit post - I've just re-read your post - I'll look into the New York v. Pennsylvannia argument]

Cedars

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

A bit harsh KS , Cedars has done some very good work in exposing the corruption and misdeeds of the WTS., in spite of the fact he may still

have one foot in the Kingdom Hall, for that he deserves the utmost respect.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit