Patterson on the line: Watchtower claims that paying cash bond would cause “immediate irreparable harm and hardship”

by cedars 339 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Thanks for the clarification, Justitia (and others).

Healthworker said:

KS! Beeing a gentleman makes all the difference in the world!

Make an experiment and see what happens!

I am sure you will get many new friends here!

I answered your questions, but it wasn't good enough for you? That's YOUR problem....

Hopefully, you'll remember the lesson of this thread, as it should serve as a cautionary tale about those who'd engage in unchecked rampant speculation and hyperbolic diatribes, driven by what'd they WISH reality to be. That only forces others who actually HAVE the requisite knowledge and a fundamental sense of fairness (as well as a fundamental distaste of BS) to reel their imaginative speculations back in line with reality.

I have a distaste of JWs as much as anyone, but I'm not willing to sacrifice MY personal integrity in an impotent attempt to spin wishful fantasies. Like I've said repeatedly, the TRUTH about the deception of the WT (eg their use of 'weasel words', such as "should") suffices to make a damning case. No embellishment required.

JWN isn't the JWs, where fantasies and propaganda rules. In the actual World, you have to back up your assertions with facts and knowledge, nothing else suffices.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

King Solomon, thanks for your reply!

I also asked:

Are you retired? Or do you still work?

I have read some of your posts! Are you a gentleman KS ?

Love Healthworker

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

In the actual world KS we test any theory to see if the claims are valid!

If you ever followed basic principles in your life, you would understand that!

Then you also would understand how to relate to other human beeings. How to share knowledge, love, friendship and progress as an honest and happy person!

I have my eyes on you KS!

Love Healthworker

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Justitia, I was trying to get across the same point back on p. 2. This new development is not nearly as sensational-sounding as we first thought. But I'm still puzzled as to why Patterson is being offered as surety for a judgment against the WTNY corporation. Why not use some of the WTNY real estate which was valued at about $1 billion in total, according to court documents?

Cedars,

RE: point 3 and your claims

You claimed in your article that Conti had blocked the WTBTS efforts to substitute Patterson as collateral for the bond. That is in fact false, since the court has not even received the moving, opposition, and reply papers, much less ruled on the motion such papers relate to.

Moreoever, Conti's effort to oppose the WTBTS ex parte application to shorten time on the hearing for this issue failed, which your one-sided article fails to point out.

Justicia Themis,

Your comments in this thread are valid, but this part needs clarification:

<<<<What is the irreparable harm if their motion is not heard before Nov. 18th? They must deposit the money on or before Nov. 18th. Conti might spend that money, and if they win on appeal, they will likely never be able to get it back because she lacks assets. >>>>

Conti hasn't received a dime from the WTBTS and won't until the eariler of the following: [1] the WTBTS' appeals are exhausted with the outcome in Conti's favor; or [2] a settlement with the WTBTS which would most likely include confidentiality provisions prohibiting her from disclosing any of the details of the settlement to anyone. The irreparable harm is that the WTBTS will have to pay an additional bond premium to the surety company they purchased the bond from, and NOT to Ms. Conti. The WTBTS is seeking to substitute real estate as collateral instead of the cash underlying the bond so that they can avoid paying money for bond premiums to the firm that posted the bond.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Listen, we all know Sol has his viewpoints and a certain delivery. We all should be used to it by now. The new ones may not know this- but they will learn quickly.

Though, I did notice in the last few weeks Sol had made some thoughtful and considerate comments that were completely ignored on several threads.

Seems to me, Sol is heard more clearly on this forum when he is blunt. It also seems to me that he has a particular distaste for anything Cedars has to say. Whether Sol or Cedars is right or wrong -only time will tell.

My preference is to temper my words. I always think a wise person doesn't need to fan the flames nor pour salt on an open wound. That's just my opinion. And I think both Sol and Cedars are wise guys.

~~~~~~

Sol, thanks for your response to my earlier PM. I sent a reply to yours.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

144,001, the 'irreparable harm etc.' comes from not having their motion about substituting property for a cash bond heard in time and they have to pay the $86,000 premium which they will not get back if they win the appeal.

• metatron
    metatron

This is going back aways but....

I recall that they asked publishers for about 50 million for a new press that would be installed upstate. It ended up they got the money from selling off the Fulton property.

I also recall that the French tax thing years ago estimated that Witnesses there gave about $60 (US equiv.) per publisher per year.

Lastly, I think if you check the public records in Canada and the UK, for the Organization there, you'll find that Witnesses are pretty tight with their wallets.

Again, I cannot believe that they would be cutting everything in sight the way they are, if they were rolling in cash. Mags and Lit in particular.

metatron

• nugget
    nugget

very interesting

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Rip!

Point made; In order to contribute to human society, to make life better for all humans no matter what back ground - it would be beneficial to show mutual respect! We can disagree on doctrine or in medical procedures, but we communicate with respect!

As I have said before: want to test a theory; make an experiment! Want to find out if lying works? Want to test if olive oil can reduce your blood pressure? Check it out then! If I write an article about olive oil and blood pressure, it will not represent the ONLY and Complete TRUTH! You can disagree in some of my reasoning, but present your view in a decent way and we all will benefit!

Did we not agree to leave the exclusive, judgemental mindset behind with WTS?

Its time for KS to mature as a human beeing and leave the narrow and judgemental language behind!

Love Healthworker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit