Why aren't you an Atheist?

by Bloody Hotdogs! 697 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Maybe a gambling debt?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Law of the universe? What laws are those? Where are the written down? Is "thou shalt not smoke weed" one of them?

The laws of the universe are not completely understood even by us, but they exist within our minds nonetheless. The Watchtower just got hit for a lump some not because of breaking a secular law, but because of being negligent towards the saftey of children when they vowed to protect them. That's a good example of a law of the universe. You protect children under your care or else you get punished. Just because it's not in a lawbook somewhere doesn't mean it's not the right thing to do. That's a theme throughout the whole Bible. It is constantly hinting at a set of laws that are inside us all of which shouldn't have to be written down.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

EP you didn't answer my question. Do you consider yourself to be a deity in any manner? I ask because you have made this claim dozens of times in the past (by saying I AM THAT I AM etc etc) and I don't know if it's tongue in cheek or not. Are you a deity?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

EP, you have also claimed to be of Jewish decent. Are you aware of what "I AM" means to them?

Ehyeh-Asher-Ehyeh (often contracted in English as "I AM") is one of the Seven Names of God accorded special care by medieval Jewish tradition. The phrase is also found in other world religious literature, used to describe the Supreme Being, generally referring back to its use in Exodus. The word Ehyeh is considered by many rabbinical scholars to be a first-person derivation of the Tetragrammaton, see for example Yahweh.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

The laws of the universe are not completely understood even by us, but they exist within our minds nonetheless. The Watchtower just got hit for a lump some not because of breaking a secular law, but because of being negligent towards the saftey of children when they vowed to protect them. That's a good example of a law of the universe.

No it isn't. You're making stuff up again, Sabby.

It's a great example of how society has progressed to the point where we realize grown men having a sexual relationship with a pubescent girl is horrible and those who enable it should rightly be dealt with. Unlike in the Bible, where it's not mentioned at all.

EP you didn't answer my question. Do you consider yourself to be a deity in any manner?

I didn't answer you? Curious. I AM THAT I AM going to think about that.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

EP, you have also claimed to be of Jewish decent. Are you aware of what "I AM" means to them?

Such a personal interest in me today. Should I be on the look out for any nearby dark alleys?

• sabastious
    sabastious

Are you a deity? Yes or no, please.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

I AM THAT I AM thinking about the best way to answer you. Be patient, my child.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I AM THAT I AM thinking about the best way to answer you. Be patient, my child.

There are only two possible answers to the question. Take all the time you need, but choose one, please. "Maybe, maybe not" is not a valid answer to my question.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

It's absolutely an answer, just not one you like. If I AM THAT I AM choose to answer you at all, you'll get the answer I give.

I am curious why you ask in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit