Why aren't you an Atheist?

by Bloody Hotdogs! 697 Replies latest jw friends

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Do not question your king, peasant. It is beyond your concern when my rule begins and ends.

I understand that you THINK you are a king, but like I said by my religious definitions and in accordance with your answers to my questions, you are a lord, not a king. Like if you knew how to weld and I wanted to learn welding. You would be lord over me in regards to welding, not anything else. Certainly you wouldn't have the right to regard me as a peasent, just an apprentice. I am struggling to understand your jurisdiction, which is why I ask about it.

Am I a deity? You yourself equated kings with deitys and called me Lord. Kneel before Zod.

You would be a deity if you were a REAL king, as all kings are appointed by God. Since you don't believe God exists, that creates a problem that requires resolution. It can simply be resolved by your admittance of being a deity, which you have not as of yet. But if you did admit it, that would mean you do believe in God because you believe in yourself. But how could you be THE GOD? Are you a god?

-Sab

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Yes, I plan on getting a degree in theology.
    But just because I don't have one doesn't mean I can't verbally challenge the claims of educated people in the field.

Good for you Sab..

Yes you can challange educated people..

I prefer to listen then ask questions..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I prefer to listen then ask questions..

I have developed a distrust for educated people. They generally think they are better than you. I see wisdom from above to be far greater than knowledge from below. However knowledge is very important, but it's not what separates the sheep from the goats.

-Sab

• Satanus
    Satanus

I can see how sab could fill up an hour long motivational sermon in a church. Heck, i bet he could go on for hours. He's like th energizer church bunny.

S

• perfect1
    perfect1

I have developed a distrust for educated people. They generally think they are better than you. I see wisdom from above to be far greater than knowledge from below. However knowledge is very important, but it's not what separates the sheep from the goats.

I feel so sorry for you.

• sabastious
  • sabastious
    sabastious
    I feel so sorry for you.

Why? Also, it's interesting that you would just tell me that without any further explanation. Are you interested in tearing me down to build yourself up? Because that's what it looks like. This thread is evidence that education can make some people feel they are gods among men even though they are not.

-Sab

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Wow...you guys are still going with this? 39 pages of insults and people talking about things they will never reconsider?

• still thinking
    still thinking

Then again, how do you choose which of conflicting ideas to believe?...tec

I'm not sure how many times you are going to ask this question tec...as though asking it makes it true.

I think most of the non believers here have pointed out that they don't believe any of it. So it is not necessary to choose one way or the other. The whole thing is taken at face value.

It is those that believe that do the chosing..they have a stake in it.

I acknolwledge that the bible says good things and bad things. But when you are having a conversation with someone that believes in only the good...and ignores or dismisses the bad. It is not biased to point out that both exist. Not just the idealist view of the bible. Many believers completly ignore or dismiss the things they consider bad, or not alligned with thier ideal Christ/God.

The only people chosing which conflicting ideas to believe are believers.

This statement below shows your bias....

Not the contradictions. The contradicting verses. If you state that God wants sacrifice... you have to ignore the verses that state He does NOT want sacrifice. You ignore the one verse, in your preference to believe the other verse. What is your basis for that?..tec

I accept the bible says both....you don't. You ignore the verses that say he does. I don't care that it says both. I believe neither. I have no designer god to prove.

• still thinking
    still thinking

people talking about things they will never reconsider?...christalone

Speak for yourself....I was once a believer...I've have considered the other side of the debate AND changed my point of view. Have you ever changed yours?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit