Why aren't you an Atheist?

by Bloody Hotdogs! 697 Replies latest jw friends

• Bloody Hotdogs!
    Bloody Hotdogs!

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm an MS (accounts servant) in a large congregation in Canada. Over the last several years I've faught a hard-won battle to rid my mind of all religous and supernatural beleifs. The intelectual freedom this has brought is incredilble. I now find myself an atheist, forced by family situations to live as an active JW.

My question for the forum is this: If you have used reason, logic, science, whatever, to liberate your mind from the JW faith, why haven't you also let go of God? Of course, this question does not apply to everyone...

Cheers!

• elderelite
    elderelite

Because I hear the thunder, I see the lighting so I KNOW Thor is indeed the Thunderer. What else is needed?

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Because the WT is not God, knows nothing about God, and most that follow them have a screwed up idea of who God is and why He MUST exist. Too many JWs connect the WT with God and make it an unseperable union. The fact is, God had nothing to do with the WT to begin with and JWs ideas about who God is is also not correct.

(I'm just commenting on why I didn't give up God when I gave up the WT. Not why I still believe in Him)

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I ran out of faith a long time ago..

Athiests & Believers can`t prove a thing either way..

....................... ... OUTLAW

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Outlaw, I'm in total agreement actually.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Why are you still in the high control group?

• whathappened
    whathappened

You will find both atheists and theists here. I am an athiest.

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

I did use logic and reason in examining my belief in god. I examined the bible and then looked at evidence for the existence of God. It resulted in my joining a new church. The Church of the Flying Spagetti Monster.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Why aren't you an Atheist?

I like having hope

• Satanus
    Satanus

As far as biblegod goes, i'm atheist. However, i had experience that agreed generaly w some core eastern thoughts. Cuz of that experience, that is where i'm at.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit