Why aren't you an Atheist?

by Bloody Hotdogs! 697 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, atheists who leave the door open for the possibility of god aren't true atheists. They are false atheists, fairweather athiests. When the going got rough, like lets say a god or a super powered alien or something appeared, they would fold under the pressure and start believing. And, if there was a higher power atheist, he would judge them, when he comes.

S

• sabastious
    sabastious
    It's like we live in completely different worlds. Christians don't kill---I am still smiling. You just seem to make it up as you go along. You should write a history book---we could read it, and then relate to what you are talking about, since your take history doesn't even mildly resemble the reality.

You have the wrong definition of Christian and you are not comprehending the Bible. Remember what happened to Paul? Did he fight back? Did he tell others to fight back? No, he glorified pain suffering and martyrdom. If anyone kills is in the name of Christ I'd hate to be them while they explain themselves to him.

How can I reject evidence that doesn`t exist?

By not seeing it for what it truly is. The reasoning for that rejection is usually tied to some personal weakness that was created by bad circumstance. That's the reason why prejudice exists for Jews and Christian's so badly is because they have always pointed out other people's flaws as well as their own. People generally don't want their flaws pointed out by other flawed people, but that's the only way it works with a flawed population.

It`s not there..

Why you believe what you do,is a Mystery to me..

The best I can do,is try to understand your beliefs..

I just don't buy that it's a mystery to anyone because their is enough information out there to demystify it. If it remains a mystery I attest that there is something internal that is holding that persson back. So looking for more "evidence" will do nothing but contribute to the unnecessary confusion. You have to faithfully look within and when you do you will find God. If you don't find Him, something is up and that's for the individual to discover.

New Testament laws went out the Window when Jesus Arrived..

Jesus broke the Old Laws and became the New Law..

If your a Christian and your not following Jesus exclusively..

Your doing it wrong..

The Old Testament (which is what I think you mean when you say "New Testament") was NEVER thrown out the window, that's a wrong teaching of the Church. In reality the law was interpreted by the Son of God. He was basically saying that the Torah = "Love your God, love your neighbor as yourself." That's what the Torah was designed to teach people through epiphany, NOT mere knowledge. Atheists say the best way to become atheist is to read the Bible "cover to cover." The Torah requires interpretation and that's what the Son of God provided for us all. He did the hard work and gave us the ANSWER. Christ's interpretation is like a cheat sheet to the Hebrew Bible, but without the work shown to get to the answers, because it's the ANSWER that is most important. LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR as yourself, which I think you do pretty well with Outlaw. You are very kind and considerate of others and make honest attempt to see things from their point of view just as you are doing now. However when it comes to God the answer is not "I don't know" it just isn't.

-Sab

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Yah, atheists who leave the door open for the possibility of god aren't true atheists. They are false atheists, fairweather athiests. When the going got rough, like lets say a god or a super powered alien or something appeared, they would fold under the pressure and start believing. And, if there was a higher power atheist, he would judge them, when he comes.

Freaking fundamentalists!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

You have the wrong definition of Christian and you are not comprehending the Bible

Oh---sorry---I'll run it past you next time.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

You have the wrong definition of Christian and you are not comprehending the Bible.

You endorse slavery. Tec says Christ would reject that. Who is the true Christian?

By not seeing it for what it truly is.

It can't be shown that it is what you say it is, unlike science, which, ironically, you reject in so many ways because you don't understand what it truly is.

You forget, at one point, many of us were just as devout as you. Like the song says, we won't get fooled again.

If it remains a mystery I attest that there is something internal that is holding that persson back.

Typically holier than thou christian, blaming the person rather than the absent, violent, hateful murdering God.

Oh, and it's not a mystery, it's made up BS.

In reality the law was interpreted by the Son of God. He was basically saying that the Torah = "Love your God, love your neighbor as yourself."

Is that before or after the part where it doesn't talk about genetics?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ima moderate fundy. Or, is that fundy mod?

S

• sabastious
    sabastious
    You endorse slavery. Tec says Christ would reject that. Who is the true Christian?

Tec is wrong on this one. Christ is the master and we are the slaves. That means he endorses slavery. However he doesn't endorse forcing people into servitude, he is an advocate of free will. We have to choose to be his slave which means anyone who doesn't have willing slaves is not doing something that Christ advocated. I am not interested in speaking with you, stop using outrageous statements just to get my attention.

-Sab

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

That means he endorses slavery. However he doesn't endorse forcing people into servitude, he is an advocate of free will.

If you choose, you are not a slave. You can't make up new definitions of words just to make it seem like you are making sense.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well I'm not gonna willingly become a slave. Anybody else willing?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    If you choose, you are not a slave.

One can choose to be a slave.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit