Thinking of becoming a JW.

by Kate82 231 Replies latest watchtower medical

• blondie
    blondie

So are you dating a jw or a disfellowshipped jw trying to get back in good standing?

Do not think that jws/Watchtower are the same as other religions. Investigate carefully.

So why jws rather than some other religion? What do you think you know already about them? I take it not much yet since you used the word "grace" which is not part of their vocabulary.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yes, I would like to know more about your reasons for considering the Witnesses. Are you attracted to the spirituality, the conservative lifestyle? What is it?

• moshe
    moshe

Conservative lifestyle= JWs are cheap-

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the board. I am 85 the Granny on board

You want to be a JW.?! Well I was one for over 25 years. I truly believed they were the "TRUTH"
    But when I found out that they had predicted Armeggedon so many times & missed it. I started
    to really read the scriptures especially Deut 18: 20 ,22 . Then when I said one day. I didnt believe
    Jesus came in 1914 INVISABLY!!!! I said "If I had a bird on my shoulder I am the only one that can
    see it, Everyone would think I was nuts" The three elders(BROTHERS???) disfellowshipped me
    because I dont believe what the old men at Brooklyn teach. Now my children grandchildren
    greatgrandchildren must not speak to me.Orders of the WT.I am telling you the absolute truth.
    But GOD ( MY GOD) gave you a brain,& a mouth, & ears to listen ,why not pray to HIM
    Because the FATHER said "LISTEN TO MY SON" That is Jesus Christ.

Granny Grace ( Mouthy)

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hi Kate..... I was a J W elder for many years, not now though....I beg you to PLEASE PLEASE check these sites before you make any decision :

http://www.jwfacts.com/

http://www.ajwrb.org/

http://www.freeminds.org/

Nobody has anything to gain from advising these things, just simple fellow feeling . Best Wishes

• QuestioningEverything
    QuestioningEverything

What MrsJones5 said. She read my mind.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Welcome Kate. So glad that you have come to the forum before committing yourself to this high control religion. As others have asked, why do you want to become a part of this particular religion? I spent 48 years in this religion and when I decided it was not the "Truth" I left. The friends I had known my whole life were now shunning me as were my own 2 adult children. Please research outside of the sugar-coated version of the religion that the JW's would like you to believe. You will save yourself years of frustration and emotional devastation. Leslie

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Seriously ?........ah.... really seriously ?

What you don't enjoy living your own life making your own decisions ?

You actually want a group of men telling you what God thinks is appropriate for you to : wear , watch, read ,who you can talk to ,associate with , how much education to have ,type of career to enter , how to spend your free time ..???? Well if that is the case ,then sister JW is the way to go then ! You have fun with that ....

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Research thoroughly now Kate

before you make your decision

because you WILL NOT be able to do that research openly

without setting yourself up for years of

emotional blackmail

once you are in the Organization.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Study these men carefully. Once you become a JW you must obey everything that say.

If that sounds good to you, welcome! This is the perfect religion for you.

Watchtower bible tract society jehovah's witness governing body obey the slave

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit