SAD news about OOMPA......

by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Over 9,000 people have viewed this thread and it's my hope that some of them are lurking JW's sitting on the fence deciding if the WT Society and Jehovah's Witnesses are a loving organization or not. This thread will answer that. I hope through the discussions between each of us here that a few of those JW's will learn about what real authentic love is and learn from what happened to Eric

• perfect1
    perfect1

this is a terrible tragedy, which I can feel across miles and the distance of never knowing this man, because it is the same experience inflicted upon so many of us, an identical wound varied only in degree.

I am so sorry.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

I can hardly find the right words to say.....

Very sorry for the loss...(and may they burn in Hell!)

RIP, Oompa...

• Azazel
    Azazel

Poor Eric another victim of that stinking cult.

Az

• NOLAW
    NOLAW

NO. This is NOT an example to follow.

If anyone is considering to do the same STOP.

Become a VALIANT WARRIOR.

WE HAVE WAR AGAINST THE DICTATORS OF THE WORLD.

RAISE UP AND FIGHT AGAINST THEIR TRAPS.

FUCK THE LAW, DESTROY THE SYSTEM, SMASH CAPITALISM AND ORGANIZED RELIGION.

BECOME FREE

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

RIP Eric

• Violia
    Violia

If all of us who have social media accounts and any contact with the media publicize this, perhaps it will have some damning effect on the wts.

I hope those responsible for his death and made to see it in the news, face it at the doorstep.

• never a jw
    never a jw

I am new here, less than 40 comments so far. I don't recall having read anything from OOMPA in the short time I have been here. Nonetheless I feel it is a very tragic event when someone as young as he takes his life. My sincere condolences to those who knew him and loved him.

It may not be the most appropriate time to say what I am going to say, but I feel is relevant. What evidence do any of you have that the WTS is the cause of this tragedy? A lot of people are, or are prone to be, mentally imbalanced. The imbalance could be traced to genetics, chemistry, what have you. Those mentally imbalanced are also more prone to embrace cults such as WTS. My point is: aren't we putting too much blame on the WTS for the suicides commited. It's not that JW's are exclusively targetting people with emotional/mental problems. As far I know they want to recruit anyone. It just happens that the most vulnerable are their main victims. Namely, children, ingenuous people, uneducated individuals and yes, people with emotional/mental problems. I know he was a born-in, but how do we know that he wouldn't have commited suicide had he been born under different circumstances too. I know almost nothing about OOMPA, but is it possible that his suicide could have just as easily been triggered by some other "disappointment". Or, if he had escaped alive this time, he wouldn't try it again because the love of his life rejected him, or his boss fire him unfairly.

• life is to short
    life is to short

never a jw if you will go back and read OOMPA's posts you will know that it was totally JW related.

LITS

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

never a jw

It may not be the most appropriate time to say what I am going to say

And yet you said it.

If you look at Oompa's history here, do some research about him, you will see, yes, the cult was a major factor. You will also see that Oompa was successfully self-employed, he had more than one company, and was not wanting for money.

Some comments he made I collected together here if you care to see the pain he felt caused by a cult shunning policy.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/239201/1/Shunning-Irony-Hypocrisy-and-Tragedy-Watchtower-jw-org

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit