SAD news about OOMPA......

by redredrose 630 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

This news is so terribly sad ...I just can't stand it !! He had gone through so much to end up taking his own life is so pointless . I hate that he felt this was the only way to end his personal suffering .

• whathappened
    whathappened

This is such sad, sad news. We have all suffered a great loss. We are all hurt and angry at the same time. He recently wrote a thread on how difficult the new adjustments were for him. I wish he had let us all know what he was planning. We may have been able to stop him.

Dear OOMPA, we will miss you and are so sorry for what you suffered through. Sorry we couldnt help you as much as you needed us too. So very sorry.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

My word. Rest in peace.

PP

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

when we leave this world, there is no jw vs. worldly, there is no watchtower, there is no snare and racket.

only peace.

rip oompa

• falseprophet
    falseprophet

That is very sad news.

R.I.P. Eric.

• caliber
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This just anther example how a large corrupt man made corporation $$$, a religious publishing house exploits and abuses people who

in way or another becomes a part of it and indirectly destroys people's lives.

The first and foremost reason the WTS. started disfellowshipping some of their members was to keep away ones who started to

question the WTS's own professed doctrines.

They intensionally identified these people as the evil slave class, in other words demonising these individuals

for being intellectually inquisitive, pertaining to the WTS. doctrines. If this isn't a semblance of corruption I don't know what is !

Has the WTS. shown any remorse for instigating people to commit suicide, by their strong armed DFing policy, none at the least.

And this why religious cults like the JWS are indeed a dangerous endeavor to get involved with .

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Damn.

I didn't know OOPMPA; it was here that I learned that his name was Eric, that he lived in North Carolina, that he was 51 years old and that he hanged himself.

He sufferred greatly by being associated with a mind-control cult, but his own most recent posts suggest that it was perhaps the economy that drove him to this irrevocable tragic act.

About a month ago he wrote:

"...i am finding the adjustment to the real world far more difficult than i ever imagined... HOW have YOU done at replacing lifelong friends and family? to make things worse i have no siblings nor aunts uncles nor cousins as both my parents were only children too...and of course i never kept up with high school friends like most jws...so i have a TINY support system going here... and is anybody now way too afraid of getting old??? IT SUCKS!!!... so much loss and pain...that i even thought of a last dich effort to save my marriage by going back to the...gag...kindom hall! so now u know i am really really struggling...ugh..it would kill me just to try and i would wear the purple H deservedly...but my life would be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier and wealthier and omg would get a wonderful wife back....in case nobody rememers i have always said she walks on water...but stubbon and unreasoning...omg...

this is more than just a whine...i am increasingly challanged and am having serious thoughts about going back for some stability i need in my life....but part of me thinks i would die inside...i may be at a crossroads....amazingly an old jw childhood friend who went to bethel and came a few years later and became a ragin apostate (johnny held)...he has been out like 30 years and has ome back....now i hear he was attending for THREE YEARS before they let him back in....mine would be five at least lol....actually i am crying inside..

and talk about bad luck i just lost my biggest customer and had to lay off four good employees today....im lower than low..."

I don't know what business he was in, and it is clear that he needed a larger group of friends and family than he had.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I am so very sorry to hear of this.

Oompa was one of the first people to truly welcome me when I joined the board, 3 years ago. He welcomed me without suspicion, judgment, or criticism. He was funny, kind, and a warm, friendly person.

I am going to miss him... So much...

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

Damn..Just..Damn...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit