Jwfacts, Why Do You Equate Miracles With Magic?

by Recovery 398 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

RBIH, he's ignored OT stuff in the past, even in this thread, and I'd agree: it's better to start a new thread on that topic and see if you get him to bite there.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

lol boc

positive 0 or negative 0?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

A big, round, fuzzy "0"

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

i doubt he would

i remember when i was maybe ten and still talking with my nonbelieving dad. he'd hammer away at it all and get to things i couldn't explain or were obviously bs and i'd magically have a headache lol. i was too scared to admit it was all bs and i had no idea about pascal's wager which was my reasoning for sticking around and trying to force myself into that for so long

edit: perhaps i should have said miraculously got a headache. i mean...wasn't that jehovah's holy spirit intervening and protecting my brain from the worldly assault on my beliefs?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The original intent of the article if I may was to expose the irrational petty rules the GB WTS . members make up and impose onto their

subjective followers.

For the sake of factuality a child playing with a toy and using their imagination is neither studying magic or actually practicing it either.

But as it is so many times the self acknowledged power of the GB members gets tossed about nilly willy onto matters that are not conducive to modern

human psychology, they have their minds too immersed into the psychology of bronze aged ancient tribesmen who lived in the middle east 3000

years ago. A matter of fact I don't think human psychology is even mentioned in the bible !

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Yeah, Recovery has started another thread, par for the course.

My tentative diagnosis is someone who takes on the World to reaffirm his own quivering faith.

Frankly, I'd like to see his answer to Finkelstein's question, as Recovery's wrapped a logical noose around his neck by trying to argue that it was OK for Daniel et al to STUDY magic, as if they weren't PRACTICING it. OK, let's accept that flawed argument (for reasons I've pointed out above) for a moment.

Then why is it NOT OK for Caleb to simply play with Sparlock, when it's hardly either studying or practicing magic?

(And I know the counter-argument Recovery SHOULD use, but I'm not saying, LOL!)

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

lol well as we all know running around vrooming with a wizard is absolutely practicing magic.

• Recovery
    Recovery

Wow personal attacks now... And just because you say the argument has been answered dosent mean it has. Very poorly in this case. You have failed to explain how two rods turned into snakes differ beyond what YOU claim, with no facts or support, is the source of the transformation.

When proven wrong people will of course continue repeating that my argument was 'weak' and 'argued poorly' but cannot offer a credible rebuttal. You yourself helped me proved my case with my stove illustration. For that, thanks. And have you read the personal attacks jwfacts has launched against me? Ha, he said I'm trying to start my own cult among other things. What I said was a pat back on the back in comparison.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Recovery, here's the question we all want you to answer:

Finkelstein said:

Another passing thought to the original article on JWfact's web site ....

Is a child who is playing with a toy that resembles a magician (Sparlock), practicing magic or just studying magic ?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

someone who takes on the World to reaffirm his own quivering faith

B-I-N-G-O

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit