Jwfacts, Why Do You Equate Miracles With Magic?

by Recovery 398 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Recovery
    Recovery

I think post 3 on this page pretty much sums up every argument/claim that has been made. It has been conclusively proven from every angle that magic cannot be equivocated to miracles. But of course jwfacts is more concerned with his Google ranking and the number of hits his website is getting than with the actual facts. But onlookers are not blind to such deceit.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

If I say "Ching Chong Potato" and a rabbit jumps out of my hat, is that magic, or a miracle?

remember, you get to count double time-and-a-half. . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . ..... . . . . . . . . . . ....... . . . ..

• elderelite
    elderelite

Wow personal attacks now... And just because you say the argument has been answered dosent mean it has. Very poorly in this case. You have failed to explain how two rods turned into snakes differ beyond what YOU claim, with no facts or support, is the source of the transformation.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

RBIH, the topic is jwfacts.com article on magic and Sparlock....

Retrovirus said:

Now there are those that use the argument that David is said to have studied omens, magic, and as well as Daniel when he was educated in the practices of the Babylonians. But notice the distinction that has to be made when one is arguing from this viewpoint. Daniel and David are thought to have studied, not practiced such things. Jehovah does not say 'YOU must not study magic or omens'. He says 'YOU must not practice it.'

Now I understand this argument and how it relates to Sparlock! If Caleb had only studied Sparlock, his Mum would have been fine with it!

Irony is, Caleb's not even PRACTICING or STUDYING magic, but simply playing with a toy that MIGHT stumble others by giving them the impression that he endorses the practice and/or study of magic.

Recovery seems to think he's a member of the GB, and able to rewrite JW policy at will to make it more harmonious with HIS beliefs. He's treading on dangerous ground there, as he's likely to be asked the big question in a JC ("Do you believe the GB is the sole channel for God to express his Will to mankind?")

But per Recovery, studying magic is OK, but just NOT practicing it.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

care to take on my argument? as i understand it, this is the place to post

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Another posing thought to the original article on JWfact's web site ....

Is a child who is playing with a toy that resembles a magician (Sparlock), practicing magic or just studying magic ?

and if so why should a toy of this kind be taken away ?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

You have failed to explain how two rods turned into snakes

I can explain how this happened WITHOUT MIRACLES or MAGIC. . . .

Some dude just made this shit up.

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Finkelstein said:

Another posing thought to the original article on JWfact's web site ....

Is a child who is playing with a toy that resembles a magician (Sparlock), practicing magic or just studying magic ?

and if so why should a toy of this kind be taken away ?

Oh, I was going to answer that, but I won't. I'll bite my tongue, as I want to see how Recovery answers it to see if he even knows the official JW policy.

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

should i make a new thread? i'm considerably more interested in the actual activities the watchtower society is/has been engaged in. this is just 18 pages of verbal judo and frankly, how do you show proof for a property of something that doesn't exist?

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

frankly, how do you show proof for a property of something that doesn't exist?

Easy, watch:

CALEB + SPARLOCK + MAGIC + MIRACLES + GOD + DEVIL + A DECENT CUP OF COFFEE + THE PAIN IN MY ELBOW + FINDING A PLUMBER ON THE WEEKEND = ZERO (0)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit