Billions of dead, possibly killed by divine radiation, all of whom will need to be buried... Gerrit Losch predicts the future!

by cedars 107 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• undercover
    undercover

I'd rather see him use Marvin Martian's Acme 'disintegrat-OR'

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Just watched it; awful on so many levels. These guys are really lucky that soooooo many people can be so dumb.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

"If you are currently going to college, why don't you meditate in prayer on the possiblity of dropping out and doing something better?" - Gerrit Lösch, Governing Body member of Jehovah's Witnesses. (@ 0:36 in the above vid)

Oh my God! I can't believe he actually said that ... publicly too! I'm just at a complete loss for words.

As a high school teacher I can't imagine the fallout that would happen if ANYONE said that to anybody currently attending college or university, especially if it came from someone in some kind of position of influence and/or authority, perceived or real.

There isn't a facepalm big enough to capture my disgust with this moron.

If there's a company that's "going out of business" it's the WTBTS for sure. Stay away from these guys, far away!!!

But wait, it gets better!

"We are not able, nor willing to tell you what you should do" - 2:15"

What a lying sack of excrement!!! That's all the leaders of the WT do, tell people what to do and what not to do down to the most minute and intimate details of life. His dishonesty is just repulsive. Un-f*cking-believable!

There's more!!!

"We are not the masters over your faith." - 2:26"

Really? Honestly? Then why can I be disfellowshipped for disagreeing with you? What a liar!

Then he goes on to say,

"We want to praise those in the audience who dropped out of college ... [and] all those, who after listening to this talk, will make the same decision." - 3:35"

Ummmm, didn't he just say that he wasn't going to tell us what to do? What a effing liar! Oh, that was 1:20" ago, this must be New Light TM !

But just when you think it can't possibly get any weirder, it does! He actually compared going to college to trying to commit suicide by putting the barrel of a rifle in your mouth and pulling the trigger.

What is this guy smoking?

I had heard of this speech before and frankly thought everyone was exaggerating. I publicly apologize to anyone and everyone that has mentioned this talk and to which I doubted you. Please forgive me!

00ASTOUNDED

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Cedars, you have a PM

• fugue
    fugue

"The bible indicates in the prophecy that there will be groups of people, of brothers and sisters, that will for a long time do nothing else than just bury the dead."

Where does the bible indicate this? I don't recall the bible saying this. Someone help me with finding that scripture.

• cedars
    cedars

fugue

Where does the bible indicate this? I don't recall the bible saying this. Someone help me with finding that scripture.

lol, don't look at me - Gerrit's the one who said it! I have a feeling he made it up. Either that or his crazy 50s hairdo extends beneath his scalp to where his brain should be.

00DAD

You've got mail! But it isn't from Meg Ryan (sorry to disappoint)!

Cedars

• blondie
    blondie

Your Will be Done book page 322

Studies have been made of the effect of cosmic rays on living cells in animal bodies, particularly with respect to disorders of the mind. What effect do they have or will they have on the way men behave here on earth? Certainly the Creator of cosmic rays, Jehovah God, could use these to affect the minds of his enemies, including the king of the north and the king of the south, and could drive them to mutual slaughter: "every man’s sword shall be against his brother." (Ezekiel 38:21 AS) In this prophecy God warns that he will also use other natural forces that are at his disposal, possibly a rain of anti-matter that has the property of annihilating any material thing that it meets. He warns all scoffers that he will do an ‘unusual work.’--- Isaiah 28:21

The WTS doesn't need a scripture, when one seems lacking, they use Matthew 24:45-47.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Does anyone remember that the "Prince of Peace" book released in the 80's said that everyone would speak Hebrew in the New System? Anyone have the ability to look up and quote this? I can't seem to find it.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I found these quotes on another thread (courtesy of Blondie) (not in the Prince of Peace book) that talks about us speaking Hebrews in the New System:

*** w74 1/15 p. 43 How One Language Will Bring Unity to Mankind ***

ONE RACE, ONE LANGUAGE

When we examine God’s original purpose concerning man’s language, it becomes clear that he will have but one language spoken during Christ’s thousand-year rule. God wanted man to communicate. He himself spoke to Adam, and arranged for Adam to talk to him. (Gen. 2:15-23) Also, he gave language to man as an indispensable tool for thought. Adam could build upon the language as he learned new things or needed an enlarged vocabulary. Adam could fill the spiritual capacity God gave him, learning about God and expressing himself fully.

What was the one original language? It was undoubtedly what later came to be called Hebrew. Why can we say this? Well, when the confusion of tongues occurred at the Tower of Babel, not all were affected. Noah had not rebelled. He recognized God’s sovereignty, not making himself king, as Nimrod did. Noah’s son Shem, whom Noah had prophetically blessed, evidently stayed with Noah and with true worship. (Gen. 9:26, 27) The Bible record reveals that true worship was carried down through the Shemites, particularly through the outstanding man of faith, Abraham. Abraham (Abram) was called a Hebrew.—Gen. 14:13.

Later, Moses, a descendant of Abraham, wrote his account (Genesis through Deuteronomy) in a language called Hebrew.There may well have been little change in Moses’ language from the original language spoken by Adam. Why? Because men then enjoyed very long life-spans, their lives often overlapping into five or six generations. Therefore, the language could have been passed down through only five human links between Adam and Moses, namely, Methuselah, Shem, Isaac, Levi, Amram. (Gen. 5:3-32; 11:10-32; 21:5; 25:26; 29:34; Ex. 6:16, 18, 20) Of course, after the exile of Israel to Babylon in 607 B.C.E., and right on down to our modern times, the Hebrew language has been influenced by other languages. Too, the exact pronunciation of God’s name as spelled out in the Hebrew of Moses’ day is not now known. But God can easily restore the purity of the language so that those living in the New Order will speak it naturally and fluently.

This speaking of one literal language will be the finishing touch to the unity brought about by the "pure language" of truth—beautifully so! All religious, national, social and racial barriers will be things of the past, and, additionally, with one vocabulary all will be able to express their thoughts fully and be understood accurately. Think also of being able to read for yourself exactly what the Hebrew prophets wrote—in their own language! The many resurrected ones who did not previously know God will find that the inspired Scriptures give an accurate account of human history down to the days of the prophet Malachi. Then the honesthearted ones will be able to say, as did the apostle Paul: "Let God be found true, though every man be found a liar."—Rom. 3:4.

*** ws chap. 21 p. 176 par. 11 The Garden of Eden Restored—Earth Wide *** What will become the common language of all the earthly children of the "Eternal Father"? Will it be the original language of the first Adam, the language with which Jehovah endowed him? Likely.

*** w91 5/1 p. 12 par. 7 Become United by the Pure Language ***Since God can impart different tongues miraculously, would it not be wonderful if he made it possible for only one language to be spoken and understood worldwide? That would promote greater understanding within the human family.

*** g71 2/22 p. 10 The Gift of Language ***In God’s new order it seems reasonable that there will be a return to one language for all mankind. Whether that language will be man’s original tongue, Hebrew, or a blend of Hebrew with the most delightful aspects of other languages or something different, the Bible does not discuss.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Cedars!

First day has been cream of the crop! Right on ! Bam!

You are best qualified to make this series on Gerrit. Do your second vid on education. Your versions rock!

By the way, you are honest, balanced and loving. You remind me of a good christian

Love from your brother, Healthworker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit