She refused to Return His Calls After a First Date, Then in Rage, He Rants Out, Very Revealing

by Scott77 254 Replies latest social relationships

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    Is it me, or is there an epidemic of flaky women—and men—out there?

Yup - an epidemic.

I'm married now, but when I was dating, there were a few women that scared me...

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

You can thank the sexual liberation movement for that.

LOL--Yep! That sexual liberation is a real pain in the ass. It leads to anarchy, women refusing to be stalked, fragile men not getting their ego stroked, and women *gasp* actually believing they must not be barefoot and pregnant at all times, and oh yeah--communism.

Prog, really, get some therapy. Your fixation with other people's sex life is disturbing.

• Prognoser
    Prognoser
    Prog, really, get some therapy. Your fixation with other people's sex life is disturbing.

Maybe I can get psychoanalyzed and told that I suffer from pathology and authoritarian behaviour at the hands of my Christian beliefs. Why, didn't you know, morality is a conspiracy by the Church to repress everyone's sexuality and turn them into heartless fascists.

• Diest
    Diest

Prog,

They funny thing is they would be right! Did a shrink already tell you that?

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    There is a school of thought/flirt, that a man should find a flaw in the woman. Like he thinks she's great, BUT there is this one thing. And then the guy is supposed to graciously announce that is okay, he can deal with it.
    It's supposed to really make us swoon.

It's a sort of psychological manipulation. There is more to it than that, but it is actually supposed to work, and not just with women in the dating scene.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    It's a sort of psychological manipulation. There is more to it than that, but it is actually supposed to work, and not just with women in the dating scene.

I often use it when buying cars - "Well, I really like it, but that syncromesh seems very weak on second gear..."

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I KNOW. They did something on television and showed how it worked. I don't know the technical explanation, but I figure that when it comes to women, they always have something they dislike about themselves (well, men too). So to have something pointed out is like confirming what they already knew, but THEN to have the man say it's not that important, well then we have a Prince Charming on our hands. "He accepts me, wobbly bit and all!"

But I can definitely see how this would work in many contexts. I'm sure we don't even recognize the manipulation most times, because then it wouldn't really be manipulation.

BTS, I really enjoy discussing science with you. Your info on primitive humans is always up to date and fascinating. Your music videos are fun, and I like the weed jokes. Your politics are a trainwreck though, but I think we can set that aside.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

Could I take you out on a date?

• botchtowersociety
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

Maybe I can get psychoanalyzed and told that I suffer from pathology and authoritarian behaviour at the hands of my Christian beliefs. Why, didn't you know, morality is a conspiracy by the Church to repress everyone's sexuality and turn them into heartless fascists.

Prog, I don't care about your sexlife. You can live by any morals you so choose, and I support that to the fullest. The pathology comes in when you think people's private sex lives lead to anarchy and communism, and then you grieve because women now demand respect, and refuse to give to anyone who does not deserve it, even if they are a man. You get yourself all concerned about what people are doing in their private lives and herald the end of civilization as we know it with impending doom. THAT's the really weird part.

I know this is a disturbing thought, but humans have been having sex, well for as long as there were humans. For hundreds of thousands of years before Chrisitianity, and your flavor of morals. They survived and progressed. Sex takes place in all kinds of societies, with all kinds of structures, and yet still, humans live on. One could even argue that they live on because they are having sex, but that is rather obvious.

OMFSM! My male neighbor had sex with a man! Oh, dear, oh dear, oh dear *wrings hands* the neighborhood will be leveled soon. How selfish of them! This does not bode well for humanity! Oh, oh, oh

It's ridiculous. Stop worrying about what other people are doing with their bodies. Take care of your own body, and the body of whoever fits into your narrow code.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit