She refused to Return His Calls After a First Date, Then in Rage, He Rants Out, Very Revealing

by Scott77 254 Replies latest social relationships

• caliber
    caliber

Only if the feelings are reciprocated by the woman.
    Agreed

But is this caution because you come under headship to the one you chose in most cases ?

When Christian men I know date or marry non-Christian women, in most cases (in the few that I know), the woman becomes a Christian. But usually when the Christian women I know date or marry non-Christian men, the man rarely becomes a Christian

Does this make the man the spiritual head ? Do you fall under headship(or at least attitudes and idea's ) to the man you marry or not ?

Deal breakers are things women refuse at the very outset because they can't live with it in the future

You should not be pressured into situations that are uncomfortable to your nature and true inner feelings

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Hm, no. Letting a man take the lead doesn't mean I've given him headship over me. That's something I had to unlearn being on the outside of the bOrg. Shortly after I married my nonjw husband I related to him the concept of headship. He looked at me as if I had lost my mind and asked that I never bring that up again because as far as he was concerned we were equal partners in this marriage. He right and I never have. And guess what? We share the lead, sometimes it's him and sometimes it's me.

• caliber
    caliber

The point is Mrs. jones you came to an agreement you both already accepted in principle in your heart.

You convinced your husband of nothing... his beliefs were already there

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I don't recall saying I tried to convince my husband of anything (I told him about the concept of headship, I didn't try to persuade him to accept the concept), perhaps you're confusing me with someone else. And it has nothing to do with headship.

• caliber
    caliber

Let me rephrase it.... all I am saying a man's attitude tends to remain the same... if any changing happens

it appears that 9 times out of ten the women does it (not saying is it right or wrong just how it is ) ..sorry I am not directing anything to you as a person

It just highlights the great caution that FHN feels about dating.... and maybe false fronts one can "put on '

over the short haul !

people will often become what they think you want, but sooner or later, they will have to be themselves again. ~~~ FHN

Inborn Attitudes dead hard..chose those with attitudes you can live with... time is the greatest friend in finding these things out

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Maya Angalou said when a person tells you who they are believe them. To me that means if on a first date red signs are popping up and a feeling of unease is appearing because I'm getting little signals of who this person really is (and it ain't all the pleasant) then I have every right to not consent to another date to get to know this person better or even return any calls from the person. When I was younger a few times I did not heed the signals which lead to a disagreeable end in one instant. I don't blame myself for what happened but I do wish I had been more astute and gave more credence to paying attention to the signs and not worrying about trying to be nice.

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Is going on a date REALLY this hard for so many people?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I guess so. I never had a problem, it's the knuckleheads I could have done without.

• Glander
    Glander

knuckleheads need love too.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Not from me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit