Relationship Issues: Boundaries, Freedom of Choice and Codependency

by 00DAD 83 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Great stuff. Gave me a lot to think about. Never thought about it in terms of boundries. No boundries- no freedom.

Recalculating.....

Missy

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

(Marking to read later.)

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Bumpin' it for will-be-apostate, FL_Panthers, and make yourself.

• Oubliette
  • Apognophos
    Apognophos

I'd largely forgotten about this topic even though I posted in it a few times! This is in fact an issue that matters a lot to me. I think it permeated my life as a JW so much that it still tends to be invisible to me, and so I need to be reminded about it from time to time. To reference a popular phrase from a member here, treating people this way is a form of ambient abuse.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I love you unconditionally, Oubliette.

Great post.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

DPL, I love you to man! But don't thank me, thank 00DAD

00dad

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Thanks, 00DAD!

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Good post, this issue was a MAJOR red flag to me when I first came in. At first I just rolled with it as I was caught up in the moment of the promise of everlasting life and the end being just around the corner, could smell it like the rain it was said. This was 15 years ago. Co dependency and lack of boundary issues led to my eventual burn out and major depression. Do something against your very nature and eventually you'll pay the price with your health.

Had high blood pressure, chronic fatigue and suicidal depression issues from this.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Bumpin' it for CrazyGuy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit