I Believe Catholicism And Its Trappings Are Silly, Strange & Weird!!!

by minimus 306 Replies latest jw friends

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

No, I agree with Diest. WT spent so much time pointing out the hypocrisy in other religions, that once turned on them, they were done. After that, we only needed to verify that what they said about others was true, and if it was, and we still found it hypocritical, we didn't need to join to evaluate such.

• Sulla
    Sulla

NC, given that the JWs lied about every other damn thing they ever told you, does it make their criticism of Catholicism more or less likely to be accurate? So, they pull 607 out of their ass, but that bit about corruption by the Catholics is spot-on?

First collorary to the Sullan hypothesis: people who are prone to antipathy toward religion join the JWs in higher-than-average rates.

• Diest
    Diest

Sulla,

Look up the History of the Catholic Church. All of the eviednece needed to hang them is contained in history. We dont need the specifics of what the JWS said to destroy the credibility of the Catholics, they did that for themselves. The Witnesses just pointed you in the direction of well known issues within the Church. The JWs then proceeded to fall right into those same issues. Much like they followed the same pattern of the pharisiees.

I dont know about your colloray, I was a born in and the person in my family who had found the religion had gone through a few choices and liked the lack of hellfire.

Tell us what is your theory on people who leave the Catholic Church, become a JW, and then go back? If it was wrong enough to leave once, why did they go back?

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

Sulla---you assume I just took their word for it. i did not. The hypocrisy is there for all to investigate. It may mean more to others, and some may be able to dismiss and excuse it. They may feel the good outweighs the bad. They may think it was simply imperfect people that were disobeying their god. Whatever---but it's there.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Look up the History of the Catholic Church.

Talk about condescending. You think those of us who became Catholic after leaving the JWs haven't?

• Diest
    Diest

BTS my point is I didnt have to ask the JWs to know about the Catholics. Did you point out Sullas condesention in thinking that I just took the JWs word for it?

• still thinking
    still thinking

The hypocrisy is there for all to investigate. It may mean more to others, and some may be able to dismiss and excuse it. They may feel the good outweighs the bad. They may think it was simply imperfect people that were disobeying their god. Whatever---but it's there...New Chapter

Sometimes I get the impression people join the catholic religion to spite the WTS...they were wrong about everything else...must be wrong about that...well...they weren't too wrong about that....except for the armageddon crap.

Religion is a snare and a racket including the WTS & the Catholic church.. it is the opiate of the massess.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Did you point out Sullas condesention in thinking that I just took the JWs word for it?

Why would I, since you basically admitted to it in your previous post?

• Diest
    Diest

BTS were you a catholic before and after your JW stint?

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety

I was born into JWism. My family, however, is originally of Catholic heritage.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit