I Believe Catholicism And Its Trappings Are Silly, Strange & Weird!!!

by minimus 306 Replies latest jw friends

• Twitch
    Twitch
    This thread was started to attack Catholics. Is it so strange to you that Catholic XJWs try to defend themselves?

No catholics around here; we feed 'em to the wolves, lol

Like I said, eh whatever. Argue your "rightness" to your heart's content. It's all pov, or haven't you learned that yet?

• still thinking
    still thinking

The people that are trying to bring the Church down are not only shameless, but very dangerous.

LOL...no one is trying to 'bring the church down'...I believe it will do that to itself eventually...just a matter of time, like every other religion that has ever been. We are not dangerous....LOL

They may hide behind different organizations, groups, etc to spread their hatred but their problem with the Church is that it is an obstacle (and a formidable one), for them to achieve total control of others and to impose their view of the world, where THEY are the gods.

More LOL....the catholic church imposes its views on the world...I state my opinions on it...and do not belong to any organisation.

Of course they have two big problems: they are only humans, and God does exist.

No....he doesn't...and the leaders of the Catholic church, and every other church.....are only human.

• still thinking
    still thinking
    Still thinking:
    True statistics show that sexual abuse in educational, protestant, and labor organizations all heavily outweigh the abuses by superiors in the Catholic Church. One statistic showed upwards of 900,000 cases of child sex abuse in education (just in the US) from 1990 to 2000. There have been 11,000 claims of sex abuse against priests of the Catholic Church over the last 50 years. Abuse from the global Church pales in comparison to just one country's public education system! Source: National Child Abuse and Neglect Data System.
    This is a gross case of bigotry against the Catholic Church perpetrated by anti-Catholicism. The real enemy to children is Secularism and evil. Unfortunately, there are perverts in all organizations and churches, and no church, school, government, or any other body should be so bashed because of a few fallen away, sinful people.
    The numbers above aren't to show how much "better" the Catholic Church is, because just one case of abuse is one more than should be, but I only give you this information to show you, and everyone, the bigoted bias against the Catholic Church.

Oh please, abuse anywhere else in society does not exuse the abuse and cover ups of the catholic church...any more than it excuses the cover ups by the WTS. The only reason the church had to admit to the abuse was because of people coming forward and taking legal action against them. Otherwise they would still cover it up...and from my experience...still try to if they think they can get away with it.

The real enemy to children is Secularism

What utter nonsense.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    Like I said, eh whatever. Argue your "rightness" to your heart's content.

I'm not saying that at all, and you can easily apply that to the thread starter.

• Isidore
    Isidore

"No catholics around here; we feed 'em to the wolves, lol.

Why don't you come over to Catholic chat forums and lock horns with doctors in philosophy and systematic theology. Perhaps they would prove to be worthy of your intellect (?). They'll never have to even bring up the bible......

• cofty
    cofty

Orthodox1 - your apologetics of Roman Catholic child abuse is beneath contempt.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Still thinking you choose a nice name, keep thinking, you still don’t have all the answers.

Second to evil, ignorance is the most dangerous thing in this world.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    Why don't you come over to Catholic chat forums and lock horns with doctors in philosophy and systematic theology. Perhaps they would prove to be worthy of your intellect (?). They'll never have to even bring up the bible......

What for? I've nothing to prove to them, or you. I gave an opinion, sorry if it bothers your ego. Well, not really sorry, lol

You on the other hand, seem to have an agenda here...

I'm not saying that at all, and you can easily apply that to the thread starter.

I don't see Minimus' OP as an attack.

• botchtowersociety
    botchtowersociety
    What for? I've nothing to prove to them, or you. I gave an opinion, sorry if it bothers your ego. Well, not really sorry, lol

I do not recall ever hearing you express this POV for posters of a different bent.

You on the other hand, have an agenda here so it seems.

As do you, it seems.

• Twitch
    Twitch
    I do not recall ever hearing you express this POV for posters of a different bent.

Actually I have and more than once. That you are unaware of it doesn't mean it didn't/doesn't happen.

As do you, it seems.

Glad you think so. Could you tell me what my agenda is though? I'd like to know...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit