I Believe Catholicism And Its Trappings Are Silly, Strange & Weird!!!

by minimus 306 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

My Italian friend LOVES going to the "feasts" that occur in Italy, Boston or NYC. These feasts feature a "saint" with dollar bills pinned around her and they parade the saint in a long procession and chant "Viva (whomever)". They are quite serious about this and are proud to talk about the past generations of observers who appreciated the events. Now, many just don't seem to appreciate the significance and the occasion just isn't as revered by some as it once was....

Having said that, I look on in disbelief at the solemness of the event and am looking forward to having a peppers, onion and sausage sandwich along with gelato.

• james_woods
    james_woods

And here we thought that the Mormon Tabernacle Quior was weird...

• james_woods
    james_woods

I had a very nice submarine club with avacado, black olives, onions, and jalepenos.

Just for the record.

• minimus
    minimus

My gf has saints, crosses, and Jesus in her house. I smile to myself. I think it's just so silly.

And then of Course I regard all Catholic tradition as silly.

• apostatethunder
    apostatethunder

Sorry for you minimus, because there are millions of Catholics in the world, and I don’t think they have done anything to you, did they?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Oh but Mini, the Catholic church has been around longer than anyone else, so it must be right.....

• undercover
    undercover

I Believe Religion And Its Trappings Are Silly, Strange & Weird!!!

FTFY

• Diest
    Diest

Sure catholics effect global politics. Africa would have more condoms if it werent for the church....so yes the catholics do something to all of us.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Even with all the condoms in the world, Diest, Africa would still be Aftica.

• undercover
    undercover

The word 'condom' and the phrase, 'the Catholics do something to all of us' leaves one with a rather unpleasant vision...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit