New YouTube video - Anthony Morris warns us against the horrors of higher education

by cedars 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I have never heard of University that requires Philosophy 1 and 2 for non-Philosophy majors (or some related disciplines).

Come on now, someone majoring in Engineering, Finance, Accounting, Information Technology, etc etc need a year of Philosophy ??? I've never heard of that. As an elective you can take virtually any course you want but I never heard of it as being a requirement for most majors.

Rub a Dub

• flipper
    flipper

What a freaking idiot this Morris character is ! Total jerk. Even comes across as pompous and arrogant. " We pioneered , we did it " implying everybody else should. Yeah I know, I know. That's why you run a mindless cult - because you didn't attend college a$$hole. The words of Pink Floyds song also ring true here , " Hey teachers ( GB members ) leave them kids alone ( JW young people ) . " Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Pistoff....you said it perfectly...

Mr. Morris, you are an unqualified idiot, and you got where you are by being a total company man.

And thank you again Cedars!

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Over 33 years ago Dad copied all the societies articles about higher education and gave them to me to read. One of the articles claimed that there was not enough time to even finish a 4 year program before armageddon. Then Dad informed me that I would have to move out if I wanted to go to college. Needless to say 33 years later and no armageddon.

The advise that Brother Moron gives is just as bad as Dad's enforcement of wt education policy was 33+ years ago. With the decline in unions in first world countries the collective bargaining of the individual worker is destroyed, meaning lower and lower wages, unemployement, and dissatisfying jobs.

Interesting that anthony demonizes education even more by claiming that your son/daughter will not just miss a few meetings but will become an evolutionist, (an unbeliever). Don't the scriptures also indicate that a man that does not provide for his own household is worse than an unbeliever?

If you are a "youth" in "god's organization" and reading this, take my advise please, run as fast as you can from this destructive and self-serving oriented cult or at least ignore anthony morris advise on education.

I've seen the young ones they are propping up on the circuit assembly stages as examples as they tell their story about how they were given a scholarship and the elders came over and talked with the family about what they would do, (as if it was any of their business). The young brothers and sisters telling their story on the stage are about to cry in an emotional breakdown because their inner voice is telling they made a mistake and they should ignore the bad advise. But they are forced like slaves to conform.

Believe me, there has been many times that I wished that I would have just told dear old dad, "ok, if that's what it takes, I'm moving out". Oh, by the way, I am just a few credit's from getting my bachelors and I have appreciated all the help from the U.S. Government, the grants, the education tax savings. The world want their citizens to be self-sufficient just like Paul said, not dependent on wt for a better life some day.

• minimus
    minimus

I cannot get this onmy I pad.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

More lies and distortions. "That's ridiculous! We're not against education!" (After which he proceeds to prove they are against education).

The sort of reasoning employed by a brother I once witnessed with. An old guy watched us stroll down his driveway and said, "If you're here to talk about religion, I'm not interested!" The brother said, "No, we're not here for that" and proceeded to open the Bible and start his "topic for converation". The guy got very impatient and asked us to leave.

I said to the brother as we left, "Uh, why did you tell him we weren't there to talk about religion?" He said, "It's not about religion. It's about the Bible."

These sorts of warnings are given by an organization that knows nothing about the thing they're warning against. In the '80s elders and COs used to give dire warnings about going to gyms because they said everyone just goes there to look at themselves in big mirrors.

Thanks for the vid. What a sickening lecture.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Oh no! We can't allow our minds to be gripped by intellect! Before you know it, we will start using reason, logic and critical thinking. Someone needs to do something about it.

What a dead end dismal religion.

watchtower bible and tract society govening body member anthony morris iii

• Scott77
    Scott77

Hi Cedars,

Thanks for sharing. I did not know this guy before. Anthony Morris is speaking trash. He is attacking education and states, he doesnot apologise for encouraging young people to persue a career in Jevovah. Yet the fact is, Education is a key to liberating people from Poverty. Tony does not earn a living and therefore, he cannot speak for the majority rank and files who work hard to support themelves.

Scott77

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I've been away and don't miss these talks. Is it me or he is very shrill to individual JWs? I don't recall such a tone in my day. He really puts a wide distance betweeh his august GB self and the morons who follow him.

Cedars, I love your production values. The music lightens the tone and makes it funny, rather than just very sad.

Yes, I agree for him to harp on this so much many Witnesses must be attending college.

They should disfellowship all college grads, starting with the Legal department. One of Shakespeare's history plays, not one of the best, has a line about what will happen when the conspirators come into power. "The first thing we will do is kill all the lawyers." Edited: "The first we will do is kill all the Witness lawyers."

Turn away any donations from college grads. Such venality as a college educations calls for severe measures.

Refuse to hire any outside consultants b/c a theocracy works now.

• ilikecheese
    ilikecheese

I took philosophy 101 because I had to, and none of it had anything to do with religion. It was all a bunch of nonsense that I don't remember at all. haha The book was actually written by a professor at the college I attended, and apparently he quoted himself constantly. The professor I had would just get flustered, turn red, and start stuttering when anyone asked him a question. He also had some weird English accent that was sort of hard to follow for a bunch of American students. I drew doodles and BS'ed my way through everything since it kind of was all a bunch of BS. Even the professor couldn't answer the questions! haha

Anyway, becoming an evolutionist doesn't automatically negate belief in God. Also if their "truth" were so true, nothing they could learn in university would disprove it, yes?! What a bunch of dum dums. I went through college, lived in the evil dorms the whole time, and, my goodness, STILL BELIEVE IN GOD and didn't collect any STDs or babies from all the sexcapades that go on.

I do think a lot of JWs let their kids go to college, too. In my boyfriend's congregation, all but one of the youth between 18 and 25 is attending a university at the moment, including my boyfriend and his sister. At least the parents love their kids enough not to teach them this drivel. The Bible also says that not providing for your family is a sin. So if someone just goes out knocking on doors all the time or makes a wage that doesn't even meet their needs, how is that providing for them? Jehovah will smite them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit