New YouTube video - Anthony Morris warns us against the horrors of higher education

by cedars 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hoser
    hoser

When I hear threats like this "you wanna take the risk, your call we're warning you"

and "But what I don't appreciate hearing, and I heard this in different parts of the country,not saying I heard it here. YOU need a degree, I don't

care what they said or this or that, YOU need a degree!

when you read between the lines it means that a LOT of JW's are sending their kids to college

and the Governing Body is NOT impressed!

hoser

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Of course, a degree is needed for more and more jobs in the US.

The unemployment rate for college grads is 1/2 of those with no degree. Half.

And he trots out the old false choice: you need a degree vs you need a good name with god. Can't have both?

Is God proud of scientific breakthrough in medicine?

Is God proud of Philip Brumley's legal acumen?

HE HAS A DEGREE.

Mr. Morris, you are an unqualified idiot, and you got where you are by being a total company man.

Piss off.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Are Morris' sons at Bethel also? Are they married? Supporting a family?

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Oh the horror of it all; studing not only Philosopy l, but also, Philosopy ll! Getting a well-rounded education and being taught by a "Bright Professor". Getting an education with the thought of obtaining a good salary and maybe, a

"dream house." When will this madness end. And to think I am helping my granddaughter in her efforts to obtain this 'Higher Education." Where did I go wrong? I should have encourged her to "slave" for the "SLAVE."

Anthony is really something else. Like Heaven, I am really begining to dislike this man. Is Anthony trying to destroy the "dream"? He must think all the r/f are stupid. I believe the majority of the young jws are not that dumb and

want what a "degree" will provide them. The arrogance of this man sickens me. Cedar, thanks for the videos.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There is precisely one horror with higher education, and that has everything to do with debt. The only caution is that one needs to figure whether they wish to take on a mortgage-sized debt and not be certain of being able to find a job that will pay it off. Remember, you cannot discharge student loans in bankruptcy. You are stuck with it.

However, that is the ONLY worry with higher education. If you can get it without an unmanageable debt, by all means do it. College can be done piecemeal, as you can afford. You can also go online, doing much research online (just don't expect the credits--you have to actually pay the Rockefeller system for those). Find slightly outdated college textbooks (useless for actual credit) and read those for personal education. Or, to challenge your thinking, try doing in-depth research on a religion that is completely against your beliefs (Christians could try studying Judaism or Islam, or one of the Eastern religions. Or Satanism, if you dare.) Try checking viewpoints totally against your own, researching them to death. And so on.

Yes, the debt is a trap--you get indebted to the Rothschilds in order to pay for the Rockefeller system). But, other than that, I don't see what other horrors one might find in getting a decent education. Whether you have formal education, education by practice and experience (and informal research), or both, I would rather have a doctor that has had decent education (and preferably both a formal education and practice and experience).

• Quandry
    Quandry

What? Not every student has to study Philosophy I and II. It depends on the degree you are attempting to attain.

I liked the song with the guy in what seemed to be an Asian country-it was encouraging-if I can do it you can do it-you can be anything you want to be...Of course, I liked the song "Getting to Know You," also-sounded liked Julie Andrews. O.K., so I'm old.....

Thanks Cedars-you find interesting stuff.

• poppers
    poppers

Some "bright professor" = someone who actually thinks for himself and teaches others to do the same. No wonder they're running scared.

• Borges
    Borges

Cedars,

I can't watch your vids here in germany (and I would like to, believe me!). I think it's because of the music you've added. Do you have versions without music, just the words of AMtT?

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks everyone! Some interesting comments/feedback.

Borges, if you could email me at [email protected] I'll see what I can do.

Cedars

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Where did he get the psychology 1 & 2 idea. Into to Psych is an elective, not required for most degrees. And it's taking classes like Psychology that teaches doctors to treat crazy JW beliefs with respect. If it weren't for classes like Psychology that teach understanding the way others may think, JWs would all be dying because doctors would be intolerant of their rejection of the option of blood therapy.

So when Tony the Turd goes to the doctor, what will he say?

• "You need a degree."
    • "What you really need is a good name with God. I don't need somebody that has a worldly medical degree. That would be absurd and offensive to God. I need a full-time servant to perform my heart by-pass surgery."

I love seeing the GB sing Pink Floyd. And what is the last video. That looks really cool!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit