The Governing Body intends to announce significant changes in academic literature (DOCTRINES) - Brazil

by Dogpatch 375 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub
    My Guesses for the Future

I don't see them loosening up on the One-Towel Rule anytime soon.

Rub a Dub

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

now you can do youtube-service instead of door to door and count views as hours.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

My perennial prediction is that they will abolish circuit overseers, so I'll throw that out there again.

Our best hope would be ditching the chronology, blood ban and shunning, but recent trends certainly wouldn't suggest that's the way they are going.

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Now when you say "Our" what do you mean?

• Razziel
    Razziel

Kingdom Ministry School special elders prepare to accept and help others to accept the changes.

That's the important sentence. Something like ditching the two-witness rule in cases where it is a criminal offense could be handled by Letter to the BoE. Most of the other policy and doctrinal points could also be handled by letter, Watchtower article, or DC talk. If that quote is true, there could be an about-face about to happen on something core. There are hundreds or laws and customs, but there are only about a dozen core beliefs and policies that would really raise a question mark in long-time believers eyes.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

"Now when you say "Our" what do you mean?"

Those of us who would like to see the damaging effects of the watchtower society lessened one way or another. Short of complete collapse, liberalising reform of the religion is the best we can hope for.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

New doctrine is forced on the conventions, watchtower and books... only procedural stuff is given directly to the schmelders

• JeffT
    JeffT

Razziel makes a good point. Something is coming that the flock will have a hard time swallowing. Most Witnesses seem capable of swallowing almost anything as far as doctrine is concerned. They seem not to have batted an eye at the generation changes, if it was something like the Noah and 120 year generation thing they'd just bury it under BS at the district convention. They could do much the same thing with 144K, unless maybe they are want to try to prevent everybody from suddenly deciding they're annointed. Although they've already innoculated that one with the talk about the annointed aren't special like the GB stuff that's been going out. I'm going to have to reflect for awhile on what they'd change that would really rattle the R&F.

Then again, it could just be an announcement about not running colored paper through the fax machine.

• designs
    designs

Generation Change IX

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

They are going to dump door to door or make some significant change in the way the preaching is done. Several weeks back the Watchtower made this comment.

15 Continuing in the Kingdom preaching

work in these last days requires

faith in Jehovah’s timing. The

changing world situation may call

for some changes in how the disciplemaking

work is carried on. The organization

may occasionally make adjustments

to address the needs of our

activity as Kingdom proclaimers. We

demonstrate faith in the God of “times

and seasons” by fully cooperating with

such adjustments as we serve loyally under

his Son, the “head of the congregation.”

They don't have the money to keep printing crap that no one reads. Few are coming in to the org due to the d2d activity. There is also a ton of liability to the work. I will also speculate that they will eliminate the reporting of time.

SIAM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit