The Governing Body intends to announce significant changes in academic literature (DOCTRINES) - Brazil

by Dogpatch 375 Replies latest jw friends

• designs
    designs

If they do this they will follow up with a campaign to get the 'Inactive ones' back with 'See what we did for you!'.

• cedars
    cedars

Interesting stuff. I look forward to seeing how this pans out...

Cedars

• irondork
    irondork

Bella15: I hope they will accept Jesus as THE LORD AND SAVIOR and start giving their lifes to HIM while there is time.

That would not be in keeping with their M.O.

Tightening their strangle-hold on the flock... THAT is in line with tradition.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I don't think actual doctrinal changes would be handed out like this. Too much risk of waking sleeping elders. Having a meeting where you flat come out and say "You used to believe THIS, now you believe THAT" is way too dangerous.

Doctrinal changes come through boring DC convention parts where half of the audience is already asleep. Then they follow them up with a QFR or WT study article. Again, apostates pay more attention to this stuff than JWs, how many JWs really know the new "generation" teaching?

Now if they are shaking up "organizational procedure" then I'm sure this will be the format. Like Sir82 says, moving the work to tracts, announcing the official scrapping of the DC, pounding elders to "call legal" for every little problem - those are the things they will cover.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

My guess is that if there are changes, they are instigated by legal.

• elderelite
    elderelite

I avoided the week long school as I simply refuse to waste a week of my life on this crap, but I will go to the one "school" at the end of the year (usa) and report back on what it says... but I susspect lost generation is spot on about the upcomming changes.

• Londo111
    Londo111

If true, I can't imagine based on the tone of the convention and the Study articles, like last Sunday's, that they would soften their stance on anything. Things seem to be getting getting more and more hardline…otherwise, wouldn't the convention have had a different tone?

• pontoon
    pontoon

I just love all this mystery. Shows the GB is squiming. Way more fun than going to meetings and out in service.

• Londo111
    Londo111

BTW--there are elder schools going on in my area right now. I wonder what those are about...

• undercover
    undercover

eh, doctrine, schmoctrine.

I doubt they change anything so drastic that it can't be handled in a WT article or two.

What they could be doing instead of changing doctrines is changing policies. How to handle child abuse cases. How to deal with apostates. How to police usurpers and scofflaws.

But that's just me guessing.... pretty much the same as the source of the original rumor...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit