The Governing Body intends to announce significant changes in academic literature (DOCTRINES) - Brazil

by Dogpatch 375 Replies latest jw friends

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I would suggest that the changes are not about religious doctrine. From the Society's viewpoint, there was never any question that the R&F had to accept their Biblical understanding.

More likely they involve organizational procedures, conventions (especially the DC), and literature - things that involve expenses to the Society, but are part of JW day to day life. These are things that would require "acceptance."

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Maybe they're so broke they're gonna bring back the collection plates in an attempt to get all these deadbeat pubs to start coughing it up...LOL.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

SIAM: They are going to dump door to door

That has always been one of the things they claim apostates complain most about!

• cofty
    cofty

Razziel's point is the key to this. If that quote is accurate its something that has potential to really unsettle the r & f.

Considering how much BS the average JW is willing to swallow it must be a core doctrine or practice.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Agreed. It sounds like they want to make sure they have the Elders as LOCAL LEADERS on board with what ever it is before it gets out to the R&F.

Could be big.

Of course they also like to keep new releases at annual District Conventions a big secret too so it might just be another "Shh, we have a secret!" ploy to create interest when none exists!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

SIAM, what issue did your quote come from?

• clarity
    clarity

Hmmmm so they are going to learn how to get the dubs to accept changes huh?

>

I would suggest that the elders will be issued a Tazer and a cattle prod!!

Kingdom Ministry School special elders prepare to accept and help others to accept the changes

clarity

• Razziel
    Razziel

They are going to dump door to door or make some significant change in the way the preaching is done. Several weeks back the Watchtower made this comment.

That is a very good observation. I have to think even if they drastically overhauled the preaching work and stopped reporting time, they'd find a way to keep the Pioneer ranks. They really do have a large army of women serving as Pioneers. And I never saw a Brother fight tooth or nail or be absolutely devastated and heartbroken at stepping down quite like a Sister who has to drop out of the Pioneer ranks.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

I can't remember that they ever made any significant announcement or changes at an Elder School. Most of those things are done in letters to the BoE, tucked away in a KM, or in The Botchtower... usually after it had made an appearance at the Annual Meeting. The KM schools were usually just another snorefest, but using the speshul elder book.

I'm speculating that they'll announce some things at the school that they don't want to put in print anywhere or have recorded. Perhaps it will be a new "arrangement from Jehovah" where the BoEs are to sign over the Kingdumb Hauls to all become WT Society property. Then the congregations will all pay rent to Momma!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

There are some old adverisements in the Awake magazine that say " Many now living will may never die " I believe it is an 84 Awake. It is just an ad, but if you do the math they could stretch things out until at least 2099. That would be a great announcement! I hope Atlantis or someone else starts packing spy gear to these meetings. If they stop printing BOE letters then we need some insiders to step up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit